Surplus Brass Decision Reversed.

Thread: Surplus Brass Decision Reversed.

Surplus Brass Decision Reversed.

Great news! It appears the destruction of military once fired brass has ended with a reversal of DoD policy.

http://www.jpfo.org/alerts03/alert20...grin::biggrin:

Messed up the link

Yep, they reversed it. After congress got an ear full for a few days they decided not to mess with our brass. NOTICE
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

whoo flippin hoo!!!! nice job! its about time someone heard us!.... and actually did something
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

I actually e-mailed my Congressman on this. If you rattle enough chains they get the message. Now if we could only make them think BEFORE they do stupid things like this...

that's some good news... what a waste it was to sell it to china as scrap...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I could be wrong but I think the decision to stop selling for scrap has to do with money more that listening to any of us. The once shot casings are worth more money if sold to re-loaders. Obama has us so deep in debt our great grand children will be paying on it.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Go read up on what happens to the "once-fired" brass, and you'll see that it wasn't shot down because of money issues. What's a couple of thousand $$ to a multi-trillion deficit? Nada! The denial of that brass was going to affect ammo dealers and gun owners.

Same thing that made the likes of Pelosi back down from anti-gun legislation - US! Guns and ammo flying off the shelves, carry permit applications doubling, tripling! Gun owners everywhere signing petitions and sending faxes and letters to their representatives. Do you think these guys are blind? They see what's going on, what's happening in this country in the sparse 3 months Obama has been in office.

They're backing down on several fronts, and they can see the opposition building in this country. I attended the Orlando TEA Party yesterday, and although I got there an hour and a half early, I had to park 2 blocks away. The place was crowded and by 12 Noon there were at least 2,000 people there at Lake Eola, all mad as hell and promising that it's only going to get more and more noisy, until our politicians start to remember that they work for us.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Thanks Piece Corps, I stand corrected. Glad to see the silent majority waking up. It's time to tell Washington and State governments the citizens are made as hell and we are not going to take it any more.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan