Are You An Extremist Or Militia Member? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are You An Extremist Or Militia Member?

If you are a United States citizen living in any of our 50 states (no, not 57 as the great O seems to think), you ARE the militia. As the National Guard is part of the organized military, it is part of the "standing army" of the U.S. The NG is NOT the militia, never has been, never will be.

The para-military groups take this to the extreme, but they are not wrong, just very zealous. And the Constitution gives all of us the right to "keep and bear arms," without any limitations. And IF any limitations were to be issued, it would be the sole right of each state to do so - the federal government has no control over the militia.

SO - legally and according to our Constitution, gun ownership is guaranteed. Now I know that if you don't adhere to the existing laws (fraudulently) on the books, you'll probably end up in jail. And that is where you cannot do any good. So I try to at least appear to follow all of the laws in order to maintain my freedom. But if it comes down to having to fight to protect these freedoms, let's just say that I will be ready. Remember the words of Thomas Paine:
    These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
    BTW - did you see where the guy who plays Thomas Paine (Bob Basso) has been "invited" to the White House for a little chat with Obama? Looks like the White House is starting to notice our displeasure, eh?
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    The thing to remember here is that the militia they are talking about is actually "domestic paramilitary groups" and are considered a threat. The every man is a member militia we think of is something completely different from their definition.
    Interesting thing is that here in Hawaii, they make no distinction. Men and women meeting certain criteria are considered members of the "unorganized militia".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Interesting thing is that here in Hawaii, they make no distinction. Men and women meeting certain criteria are considered members of the "unorganized militia".gf
    Sorry for not being politically correct but I was speaking of the militia of the Founding Fathers. In modern terms I would not expect any distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Sorry for not being politically correct but I was speaking of the militia of the Founding Fathers. In modern terms I would not expect any distinction.
    No worries, as some state statutes specifically state "men". Hawaii is one state that is not gender specific.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12