Survey: Second Amendment Infringements - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Survey: Second Amendment Infringements

Does your State currently use the CONGRESSIONALLY MANDATED FREE FBI NICS System for firearm purchase background checks? Or does it use its own entity and charge you an unlegislated tax or fee per NICS background check?
    FREE FBI NICS
    Does your State require you to go through a NICS check even if you are Concealed Firearm Permit holder?
    No
    Does your State, City, County or other Municipality require you to register any type of firearm and maintain said registration with your local police or other law enforcement entity, agency etc? Further, require you to carry said proof as you would a driverís license, whenever you happen to be in possession of said firearm(s).
    NO,NO
    Does your State, City, County or other Municipality require you to have any type of firearm licensed, locked, disassembled, kept unloaded, or otherwise rendered useless for self-defense in any scenario, location, etc., or other related Second
    Amendment infringement(s).
    NO
    What is currently the single most offensive Second Amendment Infringement to you by any Federal, State, City, County or other Municipality?
    The fact that I need to have a CHL when the 2 Amendment already gives me the right.
    How much money this year have you personally donated to supporting the Second Amendment as written, by contributing to the NRA, GOA, SAF or other Pro-Second Amendment lobby?
    Not sure but I am a member of the NRA and SAF
    Do you personally check the Second Amendment records of any political candidates that you vote for before you go to polls?
    Yes
    Do you vote in all applicable elections where you reside?
    Yes
    How often do you promote, discuss the Second Amendment with your friends, family, neighbors, peers, etc., regardless of whether they are pro-second amendment?
    At least weekly, sometimes daily.
    Do you think that requiring a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm is a Second Amendment infringement?
    Yes
    Do you think gun-free or otherwise prohibited zones, locations, etc., are Second Amendment Infringements?
    Yes
    Do you think there are ANY exceptions to the "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" clause of the Second Amendment?
    No
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Festus corrected me on a point. I don't have kids, so I didn't think about the requirement to prevent access to firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Gathering some Intel here, I am currently itemizing the following, for follow up action:

• Does your State currently use the CONGRESSIONALLY MANDATED FREE FBI NICS System for firearm purchase background checks? Or does it use its own entity and charge you an unlegislated tax or fee per NICS background check?

No fee, but if you are not a CPL holder you have to get a purchase permit from the sherrif for every handgun.
    • Does your State require you to go through a NICS check even if you are Concealed Firearm Permit holder?

I'm not sure, I'd guess no (see above).
    • Does your State, City, County or other Municipality require you to register any type of firearm and maintain said registration with your local police or other law enforcement entity, agency etc? Further, require you to carry said proof as you would a driverís license, whenever you happen to be in possession of said firearm(s).

MI requires all firearms to be registered, but most people don't register long guns they already have.
      Carrying of proof is not required, but it was recommended to me to carry the purchase permit for the first 30 days to prevent misunderstandings if the gubment loses their copies.
    • Does your State, City, County or other Municipality require you to have any type of firearm licensed, locked, disassembled, kept unloaded, or otherwise rendered useless for self-defense in any scenario, location, etc., or other related Second Amendment infringement(s).

No restrictions when at home at this time;
      Non-CPL holders must unload and secure firearms out of reach in a case when transporting in a vehicle.
    • What is currently the single most offensive Second Amendment Infringement to you by any Federal, State, City, County or other Municipality?

The fees to obtain and/or renew a CPL ($105 IIRC)
    • How much money this year have you personally donated to supporting the Second Amendment as written, by contributing to the NRA, GOA, SAF or other Pro-Second Amendment lobby?

$200ish
    • Do you personally check the Second Amendment records of any political candidates that you vote for before you go to polls?

Yes
    • Do you vote in all applicable elections where you reside?

Yes
    • How often do you promote, discuss the Second Amendment with your friends, family, neighbors, peers, etc., regardless of whether they are pro-second amendment?

Gun topics daily, 2A issues probably weekly
    • Do you think that requiring a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm is a Second Amendment infringement?

Yes
    • Do you think gun-free or otherwise prohibited zones, locations, etc., are Second Amendment Infringements?

Yes, and very dangerous
    • Do you think there are ANY exceptions to the "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" clause of the Second Amendment?

As much as I'd like a few machine guns, it's probably better that they are strictly regulated, but we should be able to buy new ones if we pass all the criteria and jump through the hoops.

In your response, please be brief, and please clearly provide the applicable statute, public law etc.
    Additionally, provide any steps you have taken to address these issues and or relevant information, contact info etc., for any pro-second amendment lobby, club, organization, etc., that has taken steps to correct these egregious Second Amendment and other Constructional infringements. Moreover, any applicable negative or positive responses you have received.
    All my info is from the MI State Police website (msp.gov)

+1, Thanks Benjammin,
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Gathering some Intel here, I am currently itemizing the following, for follow up action:

1)Does your State currently use the CONGRESSIONALLY MANDATED FREE FBI NICS System for firearm purchase background checks? Or does it use its own entity and charge you an unlegislated tax or fee per NICS background check?

Congress has never mandated that you not be charged for fingerprint that is the right of each In Washington the legislature has set the price for applying for the permit which includes a fee for fingerprinting.
    WRONG AGAIN...
    NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 (AKA: Veterans & Other Law Abiding Citizens Disarmament Act)
    ...(f) User Fee- The Federal Bureau of Investigation shall not charge a user fee for background checks pursuant to section 922(t) of title 18, United States Code....

If your state uses the FREE FBI NICS System as most states do there is no charge for NICS checks...
    If they use their own, they are basically charging you an unregulated, un-legislated tax...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    WRONG AGAIN...
    NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 (AKA: Veterans & Other Law Abiding Citizens Disarmament Act)
    ...(f) User Fee- The Federal Bureau of Investigation shall not charge a user fee for background checks pursuant to section 922(t) of title 18, United States Code....

If your state uses the FREE FBI NICS System as most states do there is no charge for NICS checks...
    If they use their own, they are basically charging you an unregulated, un-legislated tax...
    The statute states that the FBI can not charge you for the check, it does not say the states can not charge you for the taking of fingerprints and sending them for the free check.

What the state charges you for THEIR services is the right of the state to recoup costs associated with taking prints and supplying the card to the NICS. It is well within their rights.

The statute states that the FBI can not charge you for the check, it does not say the states can not charge you for the taking of fingerprints and sending them for the free check.

What the state charges you for THEIR services is the right of the state to recoup costs associated with taking prints and supplying the card to the NICS. It is well within their rights.
    STILL CAN'T READ CAN YOU!

DO YOU EVEN OWN A FIREARM? HAVE YOU BOUGHT ONE IN THE LAST 20 YEARS?

YOUR TRUE BLUE IS SHOWING AGAIN! PUN INTENDED!

We are not talking about Concealed Firearm Permits, fingerprint cards etc...

We are talking about NICS - National Instant Check System...

You remember, we have NICS thanks to the 6 figure campaign contributor to Gun Ban Obama... The Brady Bunch...

There are no fingerprint requirements for a NICS Check...

This is a phone call that is made, when you purchase any firearm, other then deals between private individuals... (This is the Gun Show Loophole Gun Ban Obama & Company Want To Eliminate, so they have the name, address, social security number & or drivers license number of every firearm in the country, so it will be easier to round them up when they ban them all)

For instance, you go to Bass Pro Shop, and buy that 1911, pursuant to the NICS Improvement Act of 2007, it was specifically addressed, that the FBI could no longer charge for NICS checks... what only a couple of states have done so far is to stop using the Now Free NICS System, and use their own and charge you a un-legislated tax or fee for using their system, this was not the intent of the NICS Improvement Act of 2007 (Pro-Gun Congressmen Were Adamant About This), but a couple of states have used this loophole to gouge you for a un-legislated, unregulated tax on every PHONE CALL MADE TO A STATE RUN NICS SYSTEM...

NEVADA IS ONE SUCH STATE

9. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    STILL CAN'T READ CAN YOU!

DO YOU EVEN OWN A FIREARM? HAVE YOU BOUGHT ONE IN THE LAST 20 YEARS?

YOUR TRUE BLUE IS SHOWING AGAIN! PUN INTENDED!

We are not talking about Concealed Firearm Permits, fingerprint cards etc...

We are talking about NICS - National Instant Check System...

You remember, we have NICS thanks to the 6 figure campaign contributor to Gun Ban Obama... The Brady Bunch...

There are no fingerprint requirements for a NICS Check...

This is a phone call that is made, when you purchase any firearm, other then deals between private individuals... (This is the Gun Show Loophole Gun Ban Obama & Company Want To Eliminate, so they have the name, address, social security number & or drivers license number of every firearm in the country, so it will be easier to round them up when they ban them all)

For instance, you go to Bass Pro Shop, and buy that 1911, pursuant to the NICS Improvement Act of 2007, it was specifically addressed, that the FBI could no longer charge for NICS checks... what only a couple of states have done so far is to stop using the Now Free NICS System, and use their own and charge you a un-legislated tax or fee for using their system, this was not the intent of the NICS Improvement Act of 2007 (Pro-Gun Congressmen Were Adamant About This), but a couple of states have used this loophole to gouge you for a un-legislated, unregulated tax on every PHONE CALL MADE TO A STATE RUN NICS SYSTEM...

NEVADA IS ONE SUCH STATE
    name calling does nothing but make you look ignorant.

and yes I can read, I was stating that the states or any entity has the right to charge you for services rendered, it does take labor to place the phone call and record the results. They have the right to charge for those services. They are not charging you for the NICS check but, labor, paper, ink, etc to do the job. That is well within their rights. There is nothing in the amendment that states differently. In the instance you have posted above you are correct. but if states wish to charge you for services rendered it is their right

name calling does nothing but make you look ignorant.

and yes I can read, I was stating that the states or any entity has the right to charge you for services rendered, it does take labor to place the phone call and record the results. They have the right to charge for those services. They are not charging you for the NICS check but, labor, paper, ink, etc to do the job. That is well within their rights. There is nothing in the amendment that states differently. In the instance you have posted above you are correct. but if states wish to charge you for services rendered it is their right
    You are so not fooling anybody about where you are coming from...

And of course you are WRONG AGAIN...

And when they state that they are Charging you for a NICS Check, and give you a separate receipt to that effect exactly how does that infer that they are charging you for anything else?

Are you really that obtuse?

You obviously have no first hand knowledge or experience in this respect, so I would suggest that you stick to something you know about...

The phone call has to be made, by the FFL performing the transfer; it is the states decision to allow the FFL to use their OWN STATE-RUN NICS SYSTEM OR THE FREE FBI SYSTEM MANDATED BY CONGRESS AS IT WAS INTENDED...

The State is NOT obligated in anyway to get involved in FEDERALLY MANDATED NICS CHECKS...

The guy making the phone call is not charging you a dime...

IF your state chooses to superfluously inject their own redundant bureaucracy, and further Second Amendment Infringements when they can be totally hands off; they are making a conscious decision to waste their time and effort and yours and charge you for it...

The money you are being charged if your state chooses to not allow their resident FFL's to use the free FBI NICS system goes directly to the state...
    Effectively a unregulated, un-legislated tax...

This was a heavily debated amendment to the NICS Improvement Act of 2007, fully intended to remove any burden of NICS checks on any state and to eliminate end consumers from being gouged by unregulated, un-legislated taxes and fees, as a few states continue to do...

Just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do YOU not understand?

This is more of the Tyranny Thomas Jefferson, told us we were justified in responding with a NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, A NEW AMERICAN TEA PARTY...

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    You are so not fooling anybody about where you are coming from...

And of course you are WRONG AGAIN...

And when they state that they are Charging you for a NICS Check, and give you a separate receipt to that effect exactly how does that infer that they are charging you for anything else?

Are you really that obtuse?

You obviously have no first hand knowledge or experience in this respect, so I would suggest that you stick to something you know about...

The phone call has to be made, by the FFL performing the transfer; it is the states decision to allow the FFL to use their OWN STATE-RUN NICS SYSTEM OR THE FREE FBI SYSTEM MANDATED BY CONGRESS AS IT WAS INTENDED...

The State is NOT obligated in anyway to get involved in FEDERALLY MANDATED NICS CHECKS...

The guy making the phone call is not charging you a dime...

IF your state chooses to superfluously inject their own redundant bureaucracy, and further Second Amendment Infringements when they can be totally hands off; they are making a conscious decision to waste their time and effort and yours and charge you for it...

The money you are being charged if your state chooses to not allow their resident FFL's to use the free FBI NICS system goes directly to the state...
    Effectively a unregulated, un-legislated tax...

This was a heavily debated amendment to the NICS Improvement Act of 2007, fully intended to remove any burden of NICS checks on any state and to eliminate end consumers from being gouged by unregulated, un-legislated taxes and fees, as a few states continue to do..

Just what part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" do YOU not understand?

This is more of the Tyranny Thomas Jefferson, told us we were justified in responding with a NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE, A NEW AMERICAN TEA PARTY...

That is your opinion I am basing mine on contract law. NO one is infringing your right to own a weapon by charging yo a fee, if that was the case then every time you buy a gun the seller is infringing your right, if you buy it from a dealer the sales tax is an infringement.

Just because I dont see things in your myopic view of the world does not mean we are not basically on the same page. I carry every day but I do respect those who wish me to refrain from carrying on their property.

Oh and by the way you might want to check out he CC holster review I just posted.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast