Obama has deep appreciation for Islam? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama has deep appreciation for Islam?

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post

I have to laugh at that statement.

Predominantly Christian countries have the highest violent crime rates in the world.

Atheist countries have the lowest violent crime rates.

The problem with Christianity is you can kill someone in the morning and be absolved in the afternoon.

The Mafia, Drug cartels, etc are almost always Catholic based.

Hundreds of thousands in Ireland have been killed because one faction is protestant and the other catholic

Societies worse off 'when they have God on their side' - Times Online

I was a Head Deacon for a Presbyterian Community church for 10 years, baptized, the works.

I do believe in God and a higher power but believe that most organized religions do more harm than good.

Something else for all of you to hate me for. LOL
    Church membership never got anyone into heaven. A personal relationship with Christ will. As Jesus said of himself "He that hath the Son hath life, he that hath not the Son of God hath not life". "I am the way the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father but by me." You talking about how you were a Head Deacon and all sounds a little like some one that gets a shot to prevent them from getting small pox. They get just enough to keep them from getting the real thing.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

No one in particular...everyone together...

[IMG]http://jeffrey-davis.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/********.jpg[/IMG]

Islam has some good and bad features. So does Christianity. So do bicycles, hermit crabs and mangos.

Anything Obama says about Islam is going to be overanalyzed. Realistically, he seems to only pay lip service to religion when it suits his ends and otherwise just ignores it. If Obama is a Muslim, he's the laziest one I've ever seen.

Atheistic nations most often have low rates of crimes because they also have authoritarian governments. The penalty for a lot of things in China is to get dragged out into a field and have your brain perforated by a 7.62 round. Singapore will whip your bare behind with a cane for vandalism. The combination of severe penalties and a near guarantee of no meaningful legal representation add up to a huge incentive to obey the law.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Lightbulb Sorry, but I don't think that you are remembering correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I must have a different copy than you. I really do not see that in mine especially the New testament. That is one good thing about Christianity the road to salvation is the same for men, women, rich or poor. It is very simple. Know Jesus, know peace. No Jesus, no peace.
    Well, Jesus did say the following, as recorded in the New Testament:

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." (Revelation 2:22-23)

Therefore, if a woman commits adultery, Jesus will kill her children.

"Let the women learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression." (I Timothy 2:11-14)

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything." (Ephesians 5:22-24)

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." (I Corinthians 14:34-35)

Again, women will submit themselves to the will of men.

If you notice, I only quoted from the New Testament. The Old Testament stuff sent chills down my spine.

That said, I still love my Christian brothers and sisters. Overall, they are a great group of people!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

wolfhunter Guest
    Back to the original topic:

It saddens me that 0bama has such a deep appreciation of Islam, and such a low regard for the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    No one in particular...everyone together...

[IMG]http://jeffrey-davis.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/********.jpg[/IMG]

Islam has some good and bad features. So does Christianity. So do bicycles, hermit crabs and mangos.

Anything Obama says about Islam is going to be overanalyzed. Realistically, he seems to only pay lip service to religion when it suits his ends and otherwise just ignores it. If Obama is a Muslim, he's the laziest one I've ever seen.

Atheistic nations most often have low rates of crimes because they also have authoritarian governments. The penalty for a lot of things in China is to get dragged out into a field and have your brain perforated by a 7.62 round. Singapore will whip your bare behind with a cane for vandalism. The combination of severe penalties and a near guarantee of no meaningful legal representation add up to a huge incentive to obey the law.

A very good point.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post

A very good point.
    Japan is considered an atheist nation and has only 1 murder 100,000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    Japan is considered an atheist nation and has only 1 murder 100,000 people.

They like to take their on lives over there.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by gunther37 View Post
    Obama bows to Saudi king

watch our idiotic president in action
    The only reason to bow to a foreign king is to acknowledge him as your mentor, superior or religious head and that you recognize his authority.... Which means BO is either a Muslim or a trator....

No true American would bow to any such person, That said.....

One more thing 10% Muslim population = about 100,000,000 potential terrorist think about it the go buy some more guns N ammo if you can find them....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    The only reason to bow to a foreign king is to acknowledge him as your mentor, superior or religious head and that you recognize his authority.... Which means BO is either a Muslim or a trator....

No true American would bow to any such person, That said.....

One more thing 10% Muslim population = about 100,000,000 potential terrorist think about it the go buy some more guns N ammo if you can find them....

OR both.

Exclamation exclamation

What are these little caution/exclamation mark signs beside anything about Obaaama about? Just wondering.
    "I hold it, that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical." - Thomas Jefferson
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast