White house denies Obama Bow

Thread: White house denies Obama Bow

Exclamation White house denies Obama Bow

Ben Smith's Blog: White House: No bow to Saudi - POLITICO.com

The White House is denying that the president bowed to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia at a G-20 meeting in London, a scene that drew criticism on the right and praise from some Arab outlets.

"It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah," said an Obama aide, who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

The Washington Times called the alleged bow a "shocking display of fealty to a foreign potentate" and said it violated centuries of American tradition of not deferring to royalty. The Weekly Standard, meanwhile, noted that American protocol apparently rules out bowing, or at least it reportedly did on the occasion of a Clinton "near-bow" to the emperor of Japan.

Interestingly, a columnist in the Saudi-backed Arabic paper Asharq Alawsat also took the gesture as a bow and appreciated the move.

"Obama wished to demonstrate his respect and appreciation of the personality of King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz, who has made one of the most important calls in the modern era, namely the call for inter-faith and inter-cultural dialogue to defuse the hatred, conflict and wars," wrote the columnist, Muhammah Diyab.

The video shows Obama dipping toward the king as G-20 leaders greet one another at the ExCel Centre in London.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

It all depends on what your definition of is is.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Things are really bad when the White House lies about things that are obvious like this. After all, we have a video showing barack bowing to the Saudi King. Then he denies it happened?!?!? WOW, America is so screwed.

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

wolfhunter Guest
    Just because every news agency covering the event recorded his bow, doesn't mean it happened. 0bama's team says he was born in Hawaii, graduated from Harvard, and did not bow to the Saudi king. It must all be true, regardless of any presence of evidence.

Oh my GOD! I watched the video. I love that an aid DENIED the bow....Watch the video and decide. This bow isn't because the Saudi king is shorter, either Obama was picking something off the ground, or he did bow..... Unbelievable that anyone can deny the bow.

Did Obama bow to Saudi king? See video :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: 44: Barack Obama

If you'd give up a little freedom for more security, you deserve neither.

wolfhunter Guest
    Actually, it just occurred to me. 0bama wasn't bowing. He was bending down to kiss his soveriegn's backside.

ABC News Nightline had the "Bow" on tonight's Closing Arguments:

Closing Arguments: Obama Takes a Bow? - Nightline's Daily Line

Closing Arguments: Obama Takes a Bow?
    April 08, 2009 11:43 PM

President Barack Obama standing among fellow world leaders at the G20.
    He sees King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and goes in for the hello.
    There is a handshake. Obama bends at the waist. But was it a bow? -- what would be a breach of presidential protocol when greeting royalty.
    The White House called it a "lean," pointing out the king is shorter than the president.
    So tonight, we ask you: Was it a bow? And do you care?
    Tell us what you think.
    And follow "Nightline" anytime on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Nightline
    Semper Fi

that sob bowed

if it looks like a bow.. gets reactions of a bow, then it's a bow.. this administration just loves dicking us around... tomorrow they will deny that the sky is blue and the grass is green.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!