Stores with no CCW or OC- no gun signs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stores with no CCW or OC- no gun signs

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by srshadwi View Post
    Unfortunately, I have to side with the private owner. Mostly because I'll be damned if the gov't is going to tell me what rules I can make in my place of business. It was the same with the cigarette bans. I felt that it should have been left up to the business owners to determine if smoking was allowed or not. I lost that argument. Oh well, wasn't the first time and won't be the last. Maybe I'll lose this one, too.

I do agree that we are free to not choose to patronize certain places of business. I'd like to hear what others have to say about this.

Steve
    +1 on both the CCW and smoking
    "...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason

I think that the government has already gone way too far with their control of private property. Your rights should stop where mine begin and if that means allowing me to ban guns on my property then I am all for it. I also recognize the right for you to not have to do business with me if you don't want to. This does get sticky when I am required to do business with you. For instance I am called to jury duty and I have to show up at the courthouse but I am then stripped of my right to carry a gun. Maybe jury duty is a bad example because you are stripped of almost all of your rights when on jury duty but you get the picture.

I am a great supporter of private property rights including the right of everyone to have a gun of any type on their own property, but once you step off of your property then you are stepping on someone else's rights. Your 2A rights don't negate all of my rights as many people believe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12