800 pound Gorilla
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 800 pound Gorilla

800 pound Gorilla

I don't know if this is taboo or not to talk about in this medium but I'll ask anyway

1,What do you think wil REALLY happen if they actually decide to ban guns in America?
    2.Would all of the American public lay down their firearms and bow to the Gov. like England

I ask part two of the question because we now know it doesn't work by example. The crime rate has went to a new hieght since the english took away the LAW ABIDING ctizens guns. So in order to bow and hand them over you would have to get right with the fact that you can no longer protect your family and loved ones against an armed attack ( which WILL happen )

3. Is the government prepared to take a percentage of these guns by force?

I know every state has a malitia loyal to the people. I know they won't hand em over. I know the government is fully aware of this. Are they really prepared to fire on American citizens just to take away another right given to them in the constitution.

I for one doubt it will ever happen. the risk of a revolt is too large, I think they'll legislate us to death and make it very difficult to own one AND shoot it but I am not worried they'll knock on the door and ask for my guns...

Some may disagree but I'm just trying to look at it from a realistic standpoint
    please post your predictions or opinions..

Gun sales are at 1.5 million a month, ammo sales are in excess of 1 billion rounds a month.... that ain't no 800# gorilla but is more like a 4 ton Tyrannosaurus Rex!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Exclamation wHOA Elephant in the room

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Gun sales are at 1.5 million a month, ammo sales are in excess of 1 billion rounds a month.... that ain't no 800# gorilla but is more like a 4 ton Tyrannosaurus Rex!!!
    The more guns that are legally purchased the more the loony lefties cry out in anguish and beat their chests in remorse. I say we really get them going by buying even more guns and ammo after all it is a durable good that is mostly of USA MFG which is good for the economy...right????
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    The more guns that are legally purchased the more the loony lefties cry out in anguish and beat their chests in remorse. I say we really get them going by buying even more guns and ammo after all it is a durable good that is mostly of USA MFG which is good for the economy...right????
    X2

The current estimate of ADMITTED gun owners is about 90 million, or almost 1/3 of the US. How many more are out there that have never been registered or have any paperwork? The govt/un would have a hell of a time if confiscation was attempted right now.

6. That is why we have to be ever vigilant on what the loonyleft is doing and support pro gun political candidates and pro gun laws. Though the present administration have shown an eagerness to ignore the constituion, the 2nd amendment exists to protect us from the tyranny of our own government.

These same leftnut jobs will sceam first and try to convince everyone that there is no way we can have a government of tyrants! Guess they never heard of Pelosi, Reed, Dodd, Frank and Obama. What fools.

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I totally support this idea!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I am doing my best, added 4 new guns since the first of the year, and got one for Christmas. The wife is also looking at a "Judge" for a nightstand gun, you must watch the video on Taurus' website. Also laying in as much a supply of ammo as I can afford.

Sorry got carried away, to answer the question, there will be some who turn theirs in, but many more who won't. And even if my whole neighborhood turned theirs in, between myself (former Soldier) and my neighbor (former Soldier and current deputy sheriff) we could re-arm our "hood". We just need to have enough people with the fore-thought to plan out their strategies BEFORE this happens!!

I did my part. Before the election I owned 2 guns, now I own 5. Maybe working on another.
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

At my local gun shop this question was brought up and the owner replied that he knew several local PO's that told him if that time ever came and they (the PO's) were asked to assist in the collection of guns they would quit the force. I have to tell you it warmed my heart. Not many folks around here are going to hand them over. I don't think the present administration is going to try something like that because they know deep down they will have a fight on their hands. One that they don't want right now. They will continue to try to pass more legislation and make it harder for us which is why me must stay the course and fight these bast%$'s every chance we get. I just helped out the economy and purchased a Glock 22 and 1000 rounds of US made ammo. Will be adding more real soon with my stimulus check.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast