If I hear the Constitution is a living document one more time...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If I hear the Constitution is a living document one more time...

Exclamation If I hear the Constitution is a living document one more time...

I hate that phrase. The Constitution is not a "living" document that changes to suit the times or whims of interpretation. It is the beating heart of our law and the very soul of our nation. It contains all the rules we need to successfully construct and run the government of our great Republic. It does not mention banking, It does not mention fiscal irresponsibility or government debt. It does give a vary concise set of procedures for what, when and where decisions are made and who makes them.

SO STOP SHREDDING IT!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thumbs up Agreed, Festus.

It is the life blood of our society. Blood that is currently being intentionally drained by those who have other plans for the resultant corpse of our nation. Imagining the Frankenstein-like terror that we be revived gives me night terrors.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

I also hate the quote, "The Constitution is not a suicide pact." No. It's a bill of goods. These are the privileges we the people give up to purchase the protections we require for the rights we retain. These are the authorities we the people give to you the government in exchange for your intelligent and sparing use there of for our well being.

Everytime the government unconstitutionally expands its scope by depth or breadth, it is as if the merchant has come back to his customer saying, "Those goods and services you've already purchased and paid for, I'll need to take some of those back and at the same time charge you more for the goods and services I allow you to retain."
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Tell a lie often enough and some people will believe it is the truth.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Hey, Festus, ever notice that the same folks that call the Constitution a living document are trying to kill it?

I view the Constitution as a historical document about as relevant today as the Magna Carta. It was destroyed long ago IMO.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    I view the Constitution as a historical document about as relevant today as the Magna Carta. It was destroyed long ago IMO.

It is still alive but hanging on by a thread. The Marxist, one world government/NWO gang are trying their best to destroy it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    i hate that phrase. The constitution is not a "living" document that changes to suit the times or whims of interpretation. It is the beating heart of our law and the very soul of our nation. It contains all the rules we need to successfully construct and run the government of our great republic. It does not mention banking, it does not mention fiscal irresponsibility or government debt. It does give a vary concise set of procedures for what, when and where decisions are made and who makes them.

So stop shredding it!
    Hear! Hear!

The Constitution's been shredded since almost before it began. The Whiskey Rebellion and Fries' Rebellion were both in response to unconstitutional direct taxes levied on the people by the Federal government.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

I suggest we take the Constitution off the shelf, blow the dust from it, and center our government around it again.

Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast