60 Minutes Sunday... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 60 Minutes Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by gun runner View Post
    I don't know what a lot of you are thinking. This didn't have any Truth to it at all. You must not have noticed the shirts that hung down to there knees. No one could get a pistol out of that. Did you notice that the student was always in the same spot. The shooter was the instructor. The most qualified person there. In real life they should have used a student for the shooter and a chl holder in the class room. The instructor would come in and shoot the teacher and then turn directly to the student with the gun. He new where the student was sitting.
    No one knows what went on inside the gun show. I have a hard time believing that a FFL charged a hundred bucks because the guy didn't have ID. I don't think any FFL including my self would do anything that would cause us jail time. FFL's are for the most part like CHL's we pass a background check. Those gang bangers don't buy there guns at the gun shows. They cost to much. They buy stolen guns and pay next to nothing for them.
    They said they showed the NRA video for kids to a bunch of kids and it didn't do any good. You have to have an adult interacting with the video to bring the point across to the kids. 20/20 one sided crap. You all should be outraged and protest any sponsors of the show.
    I think we're all on the same side here Gun runner. None of us believed either the 60 Minutes or 20/ 20 segments.

fyi, a few weeks ago when the media first reported the 90% myth, Gun Grabbing Diane Feinstein (D-Ca) from the Republic of Kalifornia made an immediate speech on the floor of the U.S. Senate demanding an immediate ban on all semi-auto firearms...

She seemed a little bit miffed when the BATFE stated, that the media claims were unsubstantiated...

The media is fueling the drive for firearm bans...

We need to fight back. We should do a video that shows what 20/20 and 60long min didn't.
    Have a student shooter and a legally armed CHL holder. The shooter would come in and not know there is a chl. This would be a more true to reality. Have some one from the NRA show the film to a bunch of little kids and then see what they get out of it.
    Then show the cops arresting a prosecuting the gang members for illegal weapons.

I would really like to see some response from Dr. Ignatius Piazza and Front Sight on this. In all his videos, he says Front Sight is on the front lines of changing opinion on 2nd amendment rights, and the RTKBA - this would be a great place for him to step up and toe the line.

6. Quote Originally Posted by gun runner View Post
    I don't know what a lot of you are thinking. This didn't have any Truth to it at all. You must not have noticed the shirts that hung down to there knees. No one could get a pistol out of that. Did you notice that the student was always in the same spot. The shooter was the instructor. The most qualified person there. In real life they should have used a student for the shooter and a chl holder in the class room. The instructor would come in and shoot the teacher and then turn directly to the student with the gun. He new where the student was sitting.
    No one knows what went on inside the gun show. I have a hard time believing that a FFL charged a hundred bucks because the guy didn't have ID. I don't think any FFL including my self would do anything that would cause us jail time. FFL's are for the most part like CHL's we pass a background check. Those gang bangers don't buy there guns at the gun shows. They cost to much. They buy stolen guns and pay next to nothing for them.
    They said they showed the NRA video for kids to a bunch of kids and it didn't do any good. You have to have an adult interacting with the video to bring the point across to the kids. 20/20 one sided crap. You all should be outraged and protest any sponsors of the show.
    Can some one get a list of sponsors we can email them and let them know that we will not be buying there products any more. This is the best thing we can all do to prove to shows like 20/20 from doing this. Don't watch 20/20 ever even if it has something you are interested in. Low ratings will prove the bomb to them.
    +1 Well said

How would one make a So called ban permit so it would never go away? Can that even be done? People could get the law over turned and taken off the books?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Take four young people, 3 with no gun experience, one with limited. Train them for a couple of hours, and then put them into a highly tactical situation. Put each student front-and-center in the classroom, and then have trained professionals attack the group and go straight for the novice student. She-it! The first student was bragging about having a gun to his classmate! Typical idiot!

Great for the anti-gun lobby, as it was designed to fail from the get-go. Now let's put some experienced carry permit holders in the room (let then decide where they want to sit), and let's not tell the professionals who they are or how many of them there are, and then run the same scenario. And while the pros are gunning down the front row, they'll be taken out by at least one of the CW guys.

I could go on and on - situational awaremess, preparedness, etc. etc. I was hoping for a Stossel piece, but got the lefties instead. It was just bad journalism all around, and not worth viewing.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Lightbulb Just a though here but....

Quote Originally Posted by gun runner View Post
    Can some one get a list of sponsors we can email them and let them know that we will not be buying there products any more. This is the best thing we can all do to prove to shows like 20/20 from doing this. Don't watch 20/20 ever even if it has something you are interested in. Low ratings will prove the bomb to them.

Key word FFL I'm betting he bought everything from private individuals, no legitimate FFL is going to risk their license and arrest for a profit. Yeah we had the Mexican with a FFL in was it Texas that was buying and selling to Mexicans to ship over the boarder...

As it takes close to 20 minutes to fill out the form and call it in, the only way he could buy over 3 guns in a hour from different people is to have bought them from non FFL's

Tell me I'm wrong here but private citizens in the state the story was filmed in are not required to do a NICS on sales.... So the guy went around until he found someone that was somewhat desperate selling over priced wore out semi junk, personally owned guns they wanted to get rid of that were a little too much on the hurry up side and fed his personal demon...

Like you have never seen this at a gun show before.... One caveat here he provided no video evidence of his claims.... N 60 minutes took him at his word, he also made similar claims on the 20/20 interview but used different numbers for the same show.....

When I was in AZ a while back the flea markets has bunches of guys selling guns, and they are very "Show me your DL" and no AZ DL no sale... Same here for the most part in MI at the gun shows, yeah some of us are obvious as all get out citizens but when in doubt they card you.

Also I liked the segment where they are interviewing the police chief and when asked about the 18-21 year old kids being allowed to have guns what he thought of it.... his reply was something like " isn't that what our solders in IRAQ are".....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12