60 Minutes Sunday...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 60 Minutes Sunday...

Lightbulb 60 Minutes Sunday...

For those of you that missed it...Here it is not as bad as you may have assumed... some BS but some truth too... 60 Minutes 4/12/09
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    For those of you that missed it...Here it is not as bad as you may have assumed... some BS but some truth too... 60 Minutes 4/12/09
    But you notice that there was only one mention of "had there been a CCW person there", the killings would have stopped at that point. Negative points the rest of the time.

The American Rifleman has a page of armed citizens taking care of BG in and around their homes. More of that needs to be widely disseminated. Just my thoughts.

Thank You Sir, Yes I did miss that.. I have to agree it had a Slightly better Balance. Just the same, we, as a group, have to keep the pressure on our state and fed reps. I think that ABC/NBC/CBS/CNN and the other Liberal Media are getting 2A Letters on the Independence Day Mailing.
    Semper Fi

It just reinforces that position that the Democrats (not all) are just waiting for the right time. Maybe in the second term or after next House/Senate elections when the seats won't be in jeopardy and ride on Obama's popularity.

60 minutes and 20-20 both did shows on guns with negative connotations. I believe the media will up their "reports" of gun violence in a bid to turn the population in favor of gun control. Any and all incidents of guns used in crimes will be reported to show the need to control them. It began with the false reports about the Mexican drug cartels and will continue until the public is fooled or becomes outraged at the misleading reports.

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    ~ after next House/Senate elections when the seats won't be in jeopardy and ride on Obama's popularity.
    Here in Michigan, We have a Senator up for re-election in 2010. I will work diligently to have that senate seat filled by someone to bring a conservative balance to the country.
    Semper Fi

8. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    60 minutes and 20-20 both did shows on guns with negative connotations. I believe the media will up their "reports" of gun violence in a bid to turn the population in favor of gun control. Any and all incidents of guns used in crimes will be reported to show the need to control them. It began with the false reports about the Mexican drug cartels and will continue until the public is fooled or becomes outraged at the misleading reports.
    So how do we ramp up the Pro Gun propaganda to combat this? No one I know believes the mainstream media, but it is the only place they get their news. We need to find and promote alternative media sources to them, so they hear something that more closely resembles the truth.

Maybe direct them (or create and direct them) to youtube videos. I am open to other suggestions. We need to create other sources of information for public consumption. I just have no idea how to do it.

Cartels???

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I just don't get it...it's so obvious...WE AREN'T THE DRUG CARTEL, WE AREN'T THE BG'S, WE AREN'T WE AREN'T WE AREN'T..........................................

Quote Originally Posted by murf26 View Post
    I just don't get it...it's so obvious...WE AREN'T THE DRUG CARTEL, WE AREN'T THE BG'S, WE AREN'T WE AREN'T WE AREN'T..........................................
    WE know that WE are not the BG's, however, mainstream media will work to make it look like anyone who owns a gun is contributing to violent crimes. They were heavily biased during the elections and will continue to be so.

Wolfling concerning your question, I don't know if there is a way to counter act what people hear on TV. It will depend a great deal on just how far they take it. Education, truth and facts are the only thing we have.

I don't know what a lot of you are thinking. This didn't have any Truth to it at all. You must not have noticed the shirts that hung down to there knees. No one could get a pistol out of that. Did you notice that the student was always in the same spot. The shooter was the instructor. The most qualified person there. In real life they should have used a student for the shooter and a chl holder in the class room. The instructor would come in and shoot the teacher and then turn directly to the student with the gun. He new where the student was sitting.
    No one knows what went on inside the gun show. I have a hard time believing that a FFL charged a hundred bucks because the guy didn't have ID. I don't think any FFL including my self would do anything that would cause us jail time. FFL's are for the most part like CHL's we pass a background check. Those gang bangers don't buy there guns at the gun shows. They cost to much. They buy stolen guns and pay next to nothing for them.
    They said they showed the NRA video for kids to a bunch of kids and it didn't do any good. You have to have an adult interacting with the video to bring the point across to the kids. 20/20 one sided crap. You all should be outraged and protest any sponsors of the show.
    Can some one get a list of sponsors we can email them and let them know that we will not be buying there products any more. This is the best thing we can all do to prove to shows like 20/20 from doing this. Don't watch 20/20 ever even if it has something you are interested in. Low ratings will prove the bomb to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast