This is now the lead story on the drudgereport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is now the lead story on the drudgereport

Exclamation This is now the lead story on the drudgereport

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...cals-on-right/

DHS has stepped in it hard and guess what????

People ain't happy!!!!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Related Thread:
    DHS Now Calling Us Terrorists
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...errorists.html

Hmm... if being a Terrorist means belief in a sovereign United States, and the rights given to us by the founding fathers and defended by the many, many brave men who gave their lives on foreign soils to uphold those rights, then call me what you will
    Last edited by Ironhorse; 04-14-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: correct language
    When it comes to handguns, there are Sig Sauers, then there's everything else.

5. America is in trouble my friends. Our own government is saying that if you reject federal authority, you are now an enemy of the state.

Heil Obama.

I am sick. I am afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
    Hmm... if being a Terrorist means belief in a sovereign United States, and the rights given to us by the founding fathers and defended by the many, many brave men who gave their lives on foreign soils to uphold those rights, then call me what you will
    +1. the founding fathers warned of too much government.. now look where we are.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Don't worry, guys and gals. We're all on the list, just being members of this site...

Orwell just wrote his novel taking place 25 years too early.
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

I am sick, but now I am no longer afraid. I realize now that the worst is coming, it's just a matter of time. Remember the words "give me liberty or give me death", I will gladly accept death before I give up even the smallest measure of any more of my liberty. It isn't about any one of our lives, it is about the future of this country, and the future of our children. It is also about the lives already given to secure the blessings of liberty, the lives of our brothers, fathers, grandfathers, uncles, nephews, and sons.
    We cannot allow this travesty to continue any longer. Sight in your weapons, brush the cobwebs off of that piece that's been in the closet for oh so many years, a little oil and a little love will bring her back. If you take care of her she will take care of you. God bless all of our Patriots, and God Damn all those who would sell off our freedoms for a buck. 'nough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    I am sick, but now I am no longer afraid. I realize now that the worst is coming, it's just a matter of time. Remember the words "give me liberty or give me death", I will gladly accept death before I give up even the smallest measure of any more of my liberty. It isn't about any one of our lives, it is about the future of this country, and the future of our children. It is also about the lives already given to secure the blessings of liberty, the lives of our brothers, fathers, grandfathers, uncles, nephews, and sons.
    We cannot allow this travesty to continue any longer. Sight in your weapons, brush the cobwebs off of that piece that's been in the closet for oh so many years, a little oil and a little love will bring her back. If you take care of her she will take care of you. God bless all of our Patriots, and God Damn all those who would sell off our freedoms for a buck. 'nough said.
    Ve are vatching you, schwinehund!
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

10. Quote Originally Posted by krmgator View Post
    America is in trouble my friends. Our own government is saying that if you reject federal authority, you are now an enemy of the state.

Heil Obama.

I am sick. I am afraid.
    Reminds you of the Feuhrer, doesn't it. Those who do not know history are bound to repeat it.

11. Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Tex4oc View Post
    Well put.

Anyone remember Obama's plan for a civilian army (read below)? Anyone want to take a stab at why he thinks this would be necessary? You may wonder why, since each state has National Guard. But step back and think about this... if, one day in the future, Obama plans to implement radical agendas, such as UN-sanctioned gun confiscation, National Guard troops are useless. Why? The answer is simple... NG troops are STATE controlled, whereas Obama's version of the Hitler Youth would be under FEDERAL control.

That should scare the ever-livin' hell out of every American.

Does it make more sense now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Obama's 'civilian national security force'

Posted: July 15, 2008
    1:00 am Eastern

With all the reporters covering the major presidential candidates, it amazes me no one ever seems to ask the right questions.

For several days now, WND has been hounding Barack Obama's campaign about a statement he made July 2 in Colorado Springs – a statement that blew my mind, one that has had me scratching my head ever since.

In talking about his plans to double the size of the Peace Corps and nearly quadruple the size of AmeriCorps and the size of the nation's military services, he made this rather shocking (and chilling) pledge: "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

Now, since I've never heard anyone inside or out of government use the phrase "civilian national security force" before, I was more than a little curious about what he has in mind.

Is it possible I am the only journalist in America who sought clarification on this campaign promise?

What does it mean?

If we're going to create some kind of national police force as big, powerful and well-funded as our combined U.S. military forces, isn't this rather a big deal?

I thought Democrats generally believed the U.S. spent too much on the military. How is it possible their candidate is seeking to create some kind of massive but secret national police force that will be even bigger than the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force put together?

Now, maybe he was misquoted by the Congressional Quarterly and the Chicago Tribune. I guess it's possible. If so, you would think he would want to set the record straight. Maybe he misspoke. That has certainly happened before. Again, why wouldn't the rest of my colleagues show some curiosity about such a major and, frankly, bone-chilling proposition?

Are we talking about creating a police state here?

The U.S. Army alone has nearly 500,000 troops. That doesn't count reserves or National Guard. In 2007, the U.S. Defense budget was $439 billion.

Is Obama serious about creating some kind of domestic security force bigger and more expensive than that?

If not, why did he say it? What did he mean?

So far, despite our attempts to find out, the Obama campaign is not talking.

At this point all I can do is enlist your help – and the help of every other journalist who still thinks the American people have a right to know the specifics about a presidential candidate's biggest and boldest initiatives before the election. I also want to ask radio talk-show hosts across America to start asking this same question. I have a feeling if others join our quest, we might yet get clarification on this proposal from Obama.

Who will Obama appoint to administer this new "civilian national security force"? Where will the money come from? Where in the Constitution does he see justification for the federal government creating such a domestic army?

The questions are endless.

But before we can hope to get to the specifics, we need much more in the way of generalizations from Obama.

Certainly there have been initiatives like this elsewhere – Cuba, the Soviet Union, China, Venezuela, North Korea. But has anything like this ever been proposed in a free country?

I have a feeling there would be more questions from the press if I myself had proposed the creation of something as preposterous as a "civilian national security force" than there has been about this proposal by the presidential candidate currently leading in most of the polls. I'm quite sure I would be hung out to dry as some kind of Nazi thug. Meanwhile, Obama makes this wild suggestion and it is met with a collective yawn from the watchdogs.

Help me out here. What am I missing?

Can I get a hand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast