Alaska outlaws Fed Gun Restrictions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alaska outlaws Fed Gun Restrictions

1. Alaska outlaws Fed Gun Restrictions

KTUU.com | Alaska's news and information source | Bill 'exempts' Alaska from federal gun regulation

The Alaskan House has passed a bill that stated Firearms and ammo manufactured and kept within Alaska are not subject to Federal Regulation. I am very interested to see if this stands up in court. Let the fireworks begin!!!
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

wolfhunter Guest
    Wolfling,
    Although I agree with the idea, I have questions.
    Other than reloading for personal use, how much ammo is actually manufactured there?
    What components are manufactured in Alaska?

I think you'll find this bill to be a good sound bite and a show of saber rattling, but little else.

They keep this up I may just have to move back to Alaska. If not there maybe Texas if they secede.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Wolfling,
    Other than reloading for personal use, how much ammo is actually manufactured there?

I think you'll find this bill to be a good sound bite and a show of saber rattling, but little else.
    If it stands up how many manufacturers would move to Alaska? Other states would probably follow suit also. It all begins with one small step.

so, would this work if I bought parts and manufactured them in state? if so, I'm moving to alaska and starting automatic weapons manufacturing! lol. but seriously, would that be the type of manufacturing or would you have to mill the parts there too?
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

wolfhunter Guest
    Ron and everybody- I agree that babysteps are the way to get back to full 2A freedom, all my earlier post was intended to do was point out that we must realize that this is a baby step and not a sweeping victory in itself.

8. We should all be aware it will probably be shot down in Federal court. I am interested in seeing what happens after that.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Didn't the state of Montana just do this as well recently?

Max

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Wolfling,

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    They keep this up I may just have to move back to Alaska. If not there maybe Texas if they secede.
    just what I was thinking. the states should be controlling the issue anyway...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I think all the states should lay down the gauntlet IMPEACH THE USURPER OBAMA OR WE SECEDE

Alaska & Texas Rock!

Alaska or Texas will be good places to be if the SHTF because the Usurper Administration try's to disarm WE THE PEOPLE...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast