Obama Says "No" to AWB (For Now)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Says "No" to AWB (For Now)

1. Obama Says "No" to AWB (For Now)

On the news this am was a story that yesterday in Mexico, Obama stated he would not seek to reimpose the AWB.

Sounds good for now, if it proves to be true. But isn't it likely that he's only doing this so the Democrats don't get voted out of D.C. in 2010? After that, I'll bet he goes after the 2A with a vengeance.

Still have to continue making sure our voices are heard. Can never lapse in our pursuit because there are those out their waiting to jump at the chance.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere".
    -MLK

May want to take a look at the following:

Obama, Calderón: Assault-gun ban could curb border violence - CNN.com

Especially the following excerpt:

Speaking alongside Mexican President Felipe Calderón, Obama said he has "not backed off at all" on a campaign pledge to try to restore the ban. It was instituted under President Clinton and allowed to lapse by President George W. Bush.

"I continue to believe that we can respect and honor the Second Amendment right in our Constitution -- the rights of sportsmen and hunters and homeowners that want to keep their families safe -- to lawfully bear arms, while dealing with assault weapons that, as we know here in Mexico, are used to fuel violence," Obama said.

5. He said he would not try to reinstate the ban because he could not get it done NOW. He would enforce existing laws for now, but he definately wants to get the ban reinstated in the future. We are the reason he is not pushing for it, and we must keep up the pressure.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    On the news this am was a story that yesterday in Mexico, Obama stated he would not seek to reimpose the AWB.

Sounds good for now, if it proves to be true. But isn't it likely that he's only doing this so the Democrats don't get voted out of D.C. in 2010? After that, I'll bet he goes after the 2A with a vengeance.
    the problem is.. that obama's lips were moving... and we all know what that means.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    the problem is.. that obama's lips were moving... and we all know what that means.
    Billy Jeff's fly was down again?

Thursday April 16th, 2009

Usurper - President Obama Continues Assault on the Second Amendment

sounds like more CHANGE we can believe in...

Don't trust this guy. We don't have rights to ammo. AWB right now would crush another industry during a recession and make us less safe. My guess, depending on the outcome of the 2010 elections, that's when he'll do it.
    As-Salamu Alaykum. It's a new beginning. Hussein, we love you, man. He Got Swagga!

I'm not sure what the right moment for another AWB and I thought the Mexican Drug Cartel war and Binghamton would have libs parading around with AWB but they haven't. Kind of makes me wonder what they do have in mind because they will pursue some kind of restrictions on weapons ownership.

Just means he and the other Democrats know they will lose seats if they tried it.
    Maybe enough to get it repealed?

They'll wait till their numbers get stronger, economy improves and after an election and hit it hard while riding the wave. They'll need to make sure it is not on the agenda prior to the elections.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast