Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'

Thread: Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'

Exclamation Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'

Axelrod suggests 'Tea Party' movement is 'unhealthy'
    Posted: 11:18 AM ET
    CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Axelrod suggests ‘Tea Party’ movement is ‘unhealthy’ - Blogs from CNN.com
    From CNN Political Producer Peter Hamby

WASHINGTON (CNN) Senior White House adviser David Axelrod on Sunday suggested the "Tea Party" movement is an "unhealthy" reaction to the tough economic climate facing the country.

Axelrod was asked on CBS's "Face the Nation" about the "spreading and very public disaffection" with the president's fiscal policies seen at the "Tea Party" rallies around the country last week.

"I think any time you have severe economic conditions there is always an element of disaffection that can mutate into something that's unhealthy," Axelrod said.

Axelrod appeared to backtrack when pressed on whether the movement is unhealthy.

"Well, this is a country where we value our liberties and our ability to express ourselves, and so far these are expressions," he said.

"The thing that bewilders me is that this president just cut taxes for 95 percent of the American people," Axelrod argued. "I think the tea bags should be directed elsewhere because he certainly understands the burden that people face."

Democratic strategist James Carville disagreed with Axelrod on CNN's "State of the Union" when John King asked him if it's unhealthy for "an American to go out and hold a sign and say 'I think my taxes are too high.'"

Carville said, "No." He called the Tea Party movement "harmless and damaging to Republicans."

On CBS, Axelrod also responded to Texas Gov. Rick Perry's recent insinuation that his state could secede from the union in response to government overreach under President Obama.

"I don't think that really warrants a serious response," Axelrod said. "I don't think most Texans were all that enthused by the governor's suggestion."

Filed under: David Axelrod
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

3. It is unhealthy, for them. I think they are going to lose a lot of their jobs in a couple of years.......vote them out.

Actually, I think we need to vote out the lot of them, Repub, Democrat, other, and start again fresh.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

As already stated, it is unhealthy for them. They're beginning to find that the "dream team" isn't as supported as they thought. The real concern, it's going to get much worse before it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    It is unhealthy, for them. I think they are going to lose a lot of their jobs in a couple of years.......vote them out.

Actually, I think we need to vote out the lot of them, Repub, Democrat, other, and start again fresh.
    yes.. if only it was that easy..
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I think he is unhealthy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I'm afraid they will never be voted out. If people voted based on character, then how does Ted Kennedy keep getting elected?They all have been corrupted by money and power, only caring about themselves. They just don't get it. All you can do is hope that they come to their senses soon.

Arrow Press "reset".

While I like a few of the freshman senators, I think that we should recycle every sitting congressman or woman that has served more than one term. They are all playing us for fools, Republicans and Democrats alike. My one exception: the honorable Ron Paul.

Actually, that is not true. I would like to remove Dr. Paul from his congressional seat (and into the seat in the oval office!).
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson