I Chron 7:14 and Today's Political Mess
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Chron 7:14 and Today's Political Mess

1. I Chron 7:14 and Today's Political Mess

My aunt sent this to me, and I think it has much to do with today's political mess in D.C. No offense intended to anyone, of course, if they happen to disagree with this.

In god's word he states,"if my people who are called by my name
    will humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from
    their wicked ways, then i will hear from heaven and will forgive
    their sin and heal their land."

I agree and who are God's people today? Those of us that are Christians. We are the ones that need to humble ourselves and pray. We have no controle over what the heathen do but we need to get right with God.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

4. You bet my friend.

5. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree and who are God's people today? Those of us that are Christians. We are the ones that need to humble ourselves and pray. We have no controle over what the heathen do but we need to get right with God.
    Just saw... you're out in Fort Worth, Texas... that's where Cheaper Than Dirt is based. Great source of ammo.

Amen brother's. Its good to hear some people love the Lord on this site. Here is a great passage for all the Obama bashers or any body that like to bash elected officials or people in authority. Here is what 1 peter 2:13-17 states. NIV

13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

Althought we disagree with certain things we must pray for our leaders. The more we don't like them the more we should pray

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    Amen brother's. Its good to hear some people love the Lord on this site. Here is a great passage for all the Obama bashers or any body that like to bash elected officials or people in authority. Here is what 1 peter 2:13-17 states. NIV

13Submit yourselves for the Lord's sake to every authority instituted among men: whether to the king, as the supreme authority, 14or to governors, who are sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to commend those who do right. 15For it is God's will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men. 16Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God. 17Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.

Althought we disagree with certain things we must pray for our leaders. The more we don't like them the more we should pray
    And yet you support a man who bows lower to an Arab King than the Queen of England and a man who would have "In His Steps" covererd, a man that says we hold onto the Bible and guns. A man that supports abortion as a form of birth control and coverts with known human rights abusers. A man that has already spent far more tax money in a few short months than Bush did in four years. Granted Bush wasn't our best president (JFK and Reagon are the top two in my life time). Yes we must pray, not for our president but for our country.

That's right. Obama won't even prove his eligiblilty to be our president. He does not represent our best interest, he is not for the people. I can't think of one good reason to even respect the man.
    Our Constitution is the authority of the land, and elected officials are bound to follow that law. If anyone, especially the president, violates that law, then they are not our leaders, they are criminals and tyrants in office.

I have heard similar jargon, twisting romans 13 and saying we should cow down and obey our 'leaders' no matter what they do. Don't believe it Brothers.
    Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

9. Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post

I agree with you completely, and I have prayed for the Lord to place Godly men and women in Obama's inner circle, where they can exert a Christ-like influence on him, because Lord knows Obama needs it.

10. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    And yet you support a man who bows lower to an Arab King than the Queen of England and a man who would have "In His Steps" covererd, a man that says we hold onto the Bible and guns. A man that supports abortion as a form of birth control and coverts with known human rights abusers. A man that has already spent far more tax money in a few short months than Bush did in four years. Granted Bush wasn't our best president (JFK and Reagon are the top two in my life time). Yes we must pray, not for our president but for our country.
    I too am appalled and ashamed of Obama's position on almost everything. He clearly does not show any evidence that he has ever bowen down and humbled himself before the Lord God Almighty and submitted to His lordship for his life. This is precisely why Obama needs our prayer. I appreciate your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    Just saw... you're out in Fort Worth, Texas... that's where Cheaper Than Dirt is based. Great source of ammo.
    Yep, been there a number of times. I saw an article in the local paper several weeks back about it and the article said that the guy that started it split off the mail order from the local store sometime back. I don't remember if he kept the mail order dept and sold the retail store or kept the retail store and sold the mail order.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast