Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 13
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

Federal prison definitely.

Better amenities

3. Having to inform an officer may be illegal, but its on the books in some states, it is just like many other laws they put on the books. The states take the attitude " sue me" and until someone has the resources to challenge the laws, they remain the law. So unless your Lyndsey Lohan, youll get arrested, and fight it later.
    So, all you armchair lawyers, Ill wait and see how u make out in court before i test it

Excellent points. Howard Freeman, perhaps the most successful man beating the IRS in Federal court by proving that constitutionally it [the IRS] only had federal taxation authority over the District of Columbia, said "All laws shall be considered legal until timely and specifically objected to." All levels of our government operate under that premise, creating laws, ordinances, policies and mandates realizing that the imposition affects mainly the little guy and advances the pocket book or comfort of the big guy; constitutional concerns are swept over. After all, the little guy cannot afford to fight it.

5. The Federal GFSZA is in obvious need of amendment. If we'd all write letters and make phone calls I don't think it would be too difficult to get amended. We just need to take some initiative. Honestly, how many of you that have been keeping up with this post over the past year have written a letter or made a phone call?

6. Well. thats is part of the issue with the laws, its called apathy
    60% of our eligible poulation doesnt even bother to vote, a right that many brave young men died for, and probably the same amount of people reading this post are in that category. With the new administration of law makers coming in, its probably the best chance to get some of these laws changed, but, again, apathy pervails, and as long as that persists the gorilla Uncle Sam does whatever some politician with a little money e.g.Bloomberg,wants, yet the people keep voting him in like sheep, its sad, it really is

7. Good looking out Eagle! And you and Ronwill are both right! But it comes down to if they want to prosecute you or not.
    UNITED STATES of America, Plaintiff-Appellant,
    v.
    Wiley Block TAIT, Defendant-Appellee.

Not putting you on blast but I read your link on this case I don't know how Tait got a CCW permit anyway he was a three time convicted felon one felony involving placing a gun to a persons neck for no good reason. I think the prosecutor just wanted a charge to stick federal ones seem to stick better.

8. According to the case, Tait got a CCW because the law of the State in which he was convicted restores civil rights after a certain period of time. He legally obtained the permit.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Chris W. Cox: National Rifle Association
    Statement from Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA Institute for Legislative Action

The National Rifle Association of America strongly opposes President Obama's nomination of Andrew Traver as director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE). Traver has been deeply aligned with gun control advocates and anti-gun activities. This makes him the wrong choice to lead an enforcement agency that has almost exclusive oversight and control over the firearms industry, its retailers and consumers. Further, an important nomination such as BATFE director should not be made as a "recess appointment," in order to circumvent consent by the American people through their duly-elected U.S. Senators.

I'm sure you "law-abiding" gun owners that choose to violate GFSZA 1995 have nothing to worry about. ;)

10. Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    According to the case, Tait got a CCW because the law of the State in which he was convicted restores civil rights after a certain period of time. He legally obtained the permit.
    I understand this. But all I'm saying is the other felonies were probably a factor in the deciding of the conviction. Probably especially the violent gun charge.

That being said this is an interesting loophole I was not aware of. I think I will also write the ATF!!

11. Check this out!!!

I just contacted by telephone my local ATF branch not far from my house and spoke with an agent. I asked him about the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act law and told him I have a CCW non-resident permit from Pennsylvania. I explained to him the contradiction pointing out the specific issue of my license and background check not being from the other state (I may be traveling in)- to which his reply was "yeah I know". I then asked him to please advise me if I would be in violation of federal law if I was 1000ft from a school. Just like Ronwill he advised "To check with the state police of the state I would be traveling through to abide by those state's laws and procedures for CCW(including lock boxes,ETC.) and then you should be ok." I even more than ever think this law will probably not be applied to legal CCW holders. That being said it could probably still be applied if pushed by the ATF. But Idon't think it would be applied unless you were out of line. I don't think it was designed for prosecuting legal gunowners. But EAGLE is right it does need an ammendment to protect us but it is an issue the ATF is aware of. EVERYONE ELSE WHO IS CONCERNED GO TO THIS WEBSITE AND GET THE NUMBER OF YOUR LOCAL ATF OFFICE I'M CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT THEY TELL YOU -------------> ATF Online - Field Divisions

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast