Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 14
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

1. Your phone conversation confirms that ATF is aware of the law, and they interpret it as meaning reciprocity is not recognized by Federal Law. Whether a specific agent would arrest you in a given circumstance is irrelevant. What matters is the fact that as the law is written, most CCW holders are criminals, and they can arrest you.

For those of you relying on officer discretion, perhaps you should talk to the people who are now convicted felons because they violated "wiretapping laws" by videotaping the police performing their official duties in public.

Police And Courts Regularly Abusing Wiretapping Laws To Arrest People For Filming Cops Misbehaving In Public Places | Techdirt

Quote Originally Posted by Techdirt.com
    The courts, however, disagree. A few weeks ago, an Illinois judge rejected a motion to dismiss an eavesdropping charge against Christopher Drew, who recorded his own arrest for selling one-dollar artwork on the streets of Chicago. Although the misdemeanor charges of not having a peddler's license and peddling in a prohibited area were dropped, Drew is being prosecuted for illegal recording, a Class I felony punishable by 4 to 15 years in prison.

3. Contacted state police

I have contacted the state police as advised by the ATF agent. Both Missouri and Arkansas have ackknowledeged a recipricocity agreement on my non-resident Pennsylvania CCW. Arkansas and Missouri State police were both asked about the "Schools Act" and Arkansas advised that they do not have the 1000ft clause as in the federal law it is only for being on school property.(parking lot ,buildings,etc) Waiting on the Captain of Misouri State Police to get back to me on his issue....

4. The laws of Arkansas and Missouri have no bearing on the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995. The supremacy clause of the United States Constitution allows you to be arrested under Federal law regardless of compliance with State law.

5. I have just got off the phone with Missouri State Police they too like Arkansas have no "1000 ft clause" only school property Eagle if you are breaking no local laws the local law enforcement has no reason to contact the ATF.

6. The fact is, you are committing a separate felony every time you pass a school. You will probably get away with it, but that's not the point.

1. Although uncommon, federal agents do make traffic stops.

2. Some local officers are cross-deputized as federal agents.

3. Federal Agents sometimes assist local officers in special operations, which will likely involve traffic checkpoints.

4. If you are traveling through one of the many States that have Native-American Tribal Governments, you risk the real possibility of being pulled over by an Indian Marshall for a minor traffic violation. Indian Marshalls are United States Federal Agents.

after reading this i did a search and came up with this letter from April 17th, 2002 in pretty plain words saying what the law is (if this is a true document) i'm not trying to get into this argument between all of yall... i rather stay out of this... just wanted to give this out.. even tho the 2nd page in this link looks weird... here it is...

http://blog.joehuffman.org/content/b...chool_zone.pdf
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
    after reading this i did a search and came up with this letter from April 17th, 2002 in pretty plain words saying what the law is (if this is a true document) i'm not trying to get into this argument between all of yall... i rather stay out of this... just wanted to give this out.. even tho the 2nd page in this link looks weird... here it is...

http://blog.joehuffman.org/content/b...chool_zone.pdf
    That letter is consistent with the ATF FFL October 2006 announcement. The link is to the AFT.gov website so there is no question about its authenticity.

Eagle2009,
    Is there a difference regarding the Federal GFSZA law between "driving through" and simply "standing or wandering/loitering" in a school zone while carrying? Sorry if you already answeed this and I missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    Eagle2009,
    Is there a difference regarding the Federal GFSZA law between "driving through" and simply "standing or wandering/loitering" in a school zone while carrying? Sorry if you already answeed this and I missed it.
    eagle mite have a better answer.. but from what i have read... walking, driving, standing, doesnt matter... if the gun is in that 1000 feet of school and u dont have CC license for that state your in(or its not locked up)... its against the law...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

11. Quote Originally Posted by antietam View Post
    Eagle2009,
    Is there a difference regarding the Federal GFSZA law between "driving through" and simply "standing or wandering/loitering" in a school zone while carrying?
    No, what you are doing makes absolutely no difference. If you have an unlocked firearm on public property (roads, sidewalks, parks, rest areas, etc) within 1000 feet of the property line of a K-12 school you are committing a felony unless you have a carry permit physically issued by the State the school is in.

Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast