Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 15
Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

Eagle has anyone contacted the NRA ILA about this? Curious.

Eagle2009,
    You've made your GFSZA issue points thoroughly, articulately and credibly. You keep wanting us to write or call our representatives. Even if we all did that you have established no way to track the progress. YOU need to manage this project.
    You started this. You researched it. And you lead the charge. You build the petition and we will sign it. Take a day off from blogging back and forth, build a multi-targeted petition, present it to us and we will sign it. If you want an amendment, you initiate it. RE:... Eagle2009, "Honestly, how many of you that have been keeping up with this post over the past year have written a letter or made a phone call?" Put some sweat into this. Dont wait for us. You're obviously in the lead on this. Then lead!

4. My head hurts from all of this stuff. I have had a CCW for as long as they have been allowed in Tennessee and I have been stopped several times by police officers for simple traffic stops and road block sobriety checkpoints and I hand the both my drivers license and my CCW card which notifies the officer that yes I am in possession of an wearing a fire arm. They check my license and CCW and hand them back to me and send me on. Several of these stops were near school zones and still there was no action taken on behalf of the officers and my weapon permit.

I bet most LEO's aren't even aware of the GFSZA as it's a Federal statute. But some states do have a similar statutes at the state level

6. Quote Originally Posted by softbaitmaker View Post
    My head hurts from all of this stuff. I have had a CCW for as long as they have been allowed in Tennessee and I have been stopped several times by police officers for simple traffic stops and road block sobriety checkpoints and I hand the both my drivers license and my CCW card which notifies the officer that yes I am in possession of an wearing a fire arm. They check my license and CCW and hand them back to me and send me on. Several of these stops were near school zones and still there was no action taken on behalf of the officers and my weapon permit.

Your tennessee permit is fine in tennessee, the problem will be when you flash it in another state that u thinkk has reciprocity, thats when they COULD nail u with the Federal GFSZ law, and most state and local authoritys probably dont know the FEDERAL law. Now if an ATF or FBI stops u, u might have a problem

7. Bills340 is exactly right. The problem is not when you are in the State that physically issued your permit. It is when you are outside of that State.

This is something that I don't worry about and could really care less about! I have pemits from various states and carry 24/7. I have carried on a daily basis for many years and will continue to do so.

9. Quote Originally Posted by SFC Stu View Post
    This is something that I don't worry about and could really care less about! I have permits from various states and carry 24/7. I have carried on a daily basis for many years and will continue to do so.

You are protected in the States which have physically issued you permits. The fact that you have gotten away with committing many federal felonies in the States that have not physically issued you a permit does not change the legality of the matter. If you choose to violate federal law, that is your choice, and the consequences will also be yours when you are indicted of a federal crime. The proper course of action is to work toward democratic reform of an unjust law, not to violate it while hoping to evade prosecution.

I will be nice and not reply to this!

I'm not sure I buy into this......and nothing like this was mentioned during CCW certification. With state reciprocity, we must abide by that state law.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast