Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 23
Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

1. Someone should point out to Senator Ted Lieu the complete ignorance of his proposal. Some rifles have an effective range of 3000 ft or more. He should be pushing for at least a 3000 ft rule to keep the children safe from sniper rifles.

At least the children in California are already safe from .50 caliber and above rifle fire, though.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    California State Senator Ted Lieu has filed a bill in the California Senate that would expand California's state gun free school zones from 1000ft to 1500ft. Although this is a California senate bill, and would not effect the federal law, its potential implications are hard to ignore. Lieu filed
    this bill in order to thwart the unlicensed open carry movement that has been building in California.

FAX OPPOSITION DRIVE AGAINST SB 661 - 1,500 foot Gun Free School Zone

Also, I've had people asking if the National Reciprocity Bill would correct Fed GFSZA95. The answer is unequivocally no. Fed GFSZA95 restrictions would still apply, and will continue to apply until the federal school zones law is specifically amended.

As the Republic of Kalifornia goes; so goes the nation...

last I heard some 25% of all the State Firearms laws in the BATFE's annual book are from Kalifornia alone...

"The people never give up their liberties, but under some delusion." - Edmund Burke

Another fool, ban honest folks and the criminal does not give a s..t about your sign, take from the honest and give the criminal a free fire zone so swat can show up after the fact. Another dumb ass.

Second point why don't the cops/military give up there guns and expect the criminal to just obey the law??

6. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Second point why don't the cops/military give up there guns and expect the criminal to just obey the law??
    Because they can't find anyone to come take them from us!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I have to agree. This is one of those laws that is selectively enforced when they have a known BG and don't know what else to charge them with. If they can get them on a weapons charge they can get a mandatory minimum.
    Many LEOs (Frog and Scorpion) will do whatever they have to do to get a "gold star" on their file for an arrest..... even if later in court a judge dismisses the case and chews them out for wasting the court's time. The LEO still keeps his gold star for "being vigilant and attempting to do his job".

The "tell it to the judge" rule gives the LEO a chance to intimidate and manipulate us into copping a plea.

Clever manipulation allows the LEOs to apply a different violation if the first is dropped or over-ruled in court.

I WAS LEGAL but arrested (handcuffs, back seat, car towed) anyway on a BS gun charge.

They offered me a "Plead guilty to an (undescribed) 'misdemeanor violation of a city ordinance', pay a $300 fine, and forfeit my weapon". At that point I knew that I had them by the short hair.

We went to court, the LEO got his butt chewed by the judge, kept his gold star, and I kept my weapon.
    But it cost me 2 grand and 5 days of my life.

Know your rights, shut up, and resist their nazi tactics.
    Oh yeah, you better have a BIG-name attorney as a friend.
    The judge's demeanor completely changed when he realized who my attorney was.

8. The fact remains, as long as Federal Gun Free School Zones Act of 1995 exists, there is no such thing as legal carry, unless you have a permit physically issued by the State you are traveling in. Not even for law enforcement officers.

Our Nation is a patchwork of gun laws.
    Worse than the proverbial "plate of spagetti".

If you guys vote for me and Huckabee, and we win,
    I'll straighten this spagetti mess out in 3 minutes.

10. April 13, 2011: Federal judge rules that Gun Free School Zones are not
    rendered unconstitutional by the Supreme Court's Heller decision, and
    proclaims that the Supreme Court specifically endorsed the federal law
    and similar state laws in their Heller decision.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/119607989.html

As you know, the federal law makes it a felony for any armed
    citizen to travel on public sidewalks, roads, or highways which pass
    within 1000 feet of any K-12 school, unless they have a CCW permit
    physically issued by the State in which the school is located. The federal law does not
    allow for CCW reciprocity agreements between States, and ATF has
    stated this in writing.

11. Here is an internal Milwaukee Police Department E-mail obtained by an open records act request discussing how they can and will use GFSZA to arrest armed citizens who stray into the zones. They refer to GFSZA act as the "silver bullet" to stop lawful carry.

https://sites.google.com/site/ncagfs...edirects=0&d=1

Here are the maps the Milwaukee Police Department made to aid in their enforcement:

https://sites.google.com/site/ncagfs...edirects=0&d=1

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast