Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 24
Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

1. Post deleted to remove clutter, see link to new maps below.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Its about time we set our representatives in Washington straight on what exactly "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" means...

for starters, its ludicrous that a concealed carry permit is required for concealed carry...

Thomas Jefferson, carried concealed most of the time, and often stated it was your civic duty to be armed at all times...

Never did see where he or any of the founding fathers felt that the Second Amendment required licensing or permission of any kind from any body...

"Gun Free Zones"? give me a fricking break!

"Kill for Free Zones" more like...

biggest mass shootings in u.s. history have occurred in fricking "GUN FREE ZONES"

Time for a New Declaration of Independence! a New American Tea Party!

This time we show up Armed!
    Couldn't agree more, where do we sign up for the revolution... I'll get some tea
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

4. There have been many new maps created showing the Federal Gun Free School Zones in

Burlington, Vermont

Dallas, Texas

Cheyenne, Wyoming

Afton, Wyoming

Casper, Wyoming

Etna, Wyoming

Thayne, Wyoming

Anchorage, Alaska

Boise, Idaho

Billings, Montana

https://sites.google.com/site/ncagfsza95/maps

5. Urgent::: Representative Ron Paul from Texas introduced HR 2613 on July 21, 2011. If passed, it would completely repeal the Federal Gun Free School Zones Act. As you know, the Fed GFSZA effectively prohibits all forms of unlicensed carry, and does not recognize concealed carry reciprocity agreements between states. It is currently a federal felony for any person to travel armed on public sidewalks, roads, or highways which pass within 1000 feet of any K-12 school's property line, unless they have a CCW physically issued by the state that school is in. The vast number of schools in developed areas effectively turns them into giant gun free zones. This bill would fix the problem! PLEASE contact your representatives and urge them to support HR 2613.

H.R. 2613: To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act (GovTrack.us)

Everyone seems to forget that the Nineth Admendment is very inportant and that the Courts dislike dealing with it.

AND: SCOTUS Opinions:

Butcher's Union Co. v. Crescent City Co., 111 US 746 (1883)."
    Our rights cannot, by acts of Congress, be bartered away, given away or
    taken away."

Bennett v. Boggs, 1 Baldw. 60 (1830). "Statutes that violate the plain
    and obvious principles of common right and common reason are null and void."

Hurtado v. Calif., 110 US 515 (1984)
    "It is not every act, legislative in form, that is law. Law is something
    more than mere will exerted as an act of power...Arbitrary power,
    enforcing its edicts to the injury of the person and property of its
    subjects is not law."

Mugler v. Kansas 123 U.S. 623, 659-60.
    "Our system of government, based upon the individuality and intelligence
    of the Citizen, the state does not claim to control him, except as his
    conduct to others, leaving him the sole judge as to all that only affects
    himself."
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

I am totally amazed at how many people I talk to think I'm full of **** when I bring this up. Most say they have never heard of this law. Others say it was repealed & is not in force.
    True, it's not something you hear about in the news. But my fear is the BATFE will start using this as an agenda to further take away our rights.
    I hope the new bill introduced by Sen. Paul gets some headway & this stupid rule finally gets put to rest.

8. Gun Owners of America (GOA) has made a press release about HR 2613; A bill to repeal the federal gun free schools zones act.

Congressman Ron Paul Introduces Legislation to Protect School Children from Mass Murderers - Gun Owners Of America

I know & I have written to all the Reps from MI., asking them to address this issue once & for all. Unfotunatly, most of what I have to deal with are Dems, & they are real namby-pamby when it comes to Gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    Gun Owners of America (GOA) has made a press release about HR 2613; A bill to repeal the federal gun free schools zones act.

Congressman Ron Paul Introduces Legislation to Protect School Children from Mass Murderers - Gun Owners Of America
    The best way to get this legsislation to pass is to attach it as an amendmend to the "Student's Non-Discrimination Act". Same way that the national parks carry bill was attached to the credit card reform act, although in this case the two bills have a lot more in comman than credit cards and national parks.

Any new developments on this?

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast