Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 26
Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 302

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas,NV
    Posts
    89
    the original post was on 4/2009?, I have been carring for many years, traveled in many states, talked with many in law enforcement, while carring outside my issue state, for witch i also live in, reciprocity was not banned?, So!, yes you are mistakin'

  2.   
  3. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    The incident mentioned in the NCGO forum isn't about a non-resident from out of state, which is the topic of this thread. And the incident in NC, as reported, is not a violation of the federal Gun Free School Zones Act. Either it didn't happen as it was reported, which is quite common with reports in the media and even more common with reports on the internet, or the arresting officer simply didn't know what he was doing and overreacted, which unfortunately also isn't all that uncommon.
    Eagle 2009 is trying to get to the facts but we have to be careful not to cause any legal entanglements.

  4. #253
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Eagle 2009 is trying to get to the facts but we have to be careful not to cause any legal entanglements.
    We can't cause legal entanglements for someone else. The guy wasn't a non-resident, so his case doesn't fit the topic of this thread. So unless Eagle 2009 determines he was from a different state, the facts of that incident don't really matter here, beyond mere entertainment value. I confess it would be interesting to know what actually happened to him, but it doesn't apply to this thread because he was a resident of the state where he was charged. That's all I'm saying.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  5. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    We can't cause legal entanglements for someone else. The guy wasn't a non-resident, so his case doesn't fit the topic of this thread. So unless Eagle 2009 determines he was from a different state, the facts of that incident don't really matter here, beyond mere entertainment value. I confess it would be interesting to know what actually happened to him, but it doesn't apply to this thread because he was a resident of the state where he was charged. That's all I'm saying.
    If you want to be a stickler for the title of the thread then yes, it doesn't matter. But in a more general sense this thread is about a bad law and the possible dangers it poses to otherwise law abiding citizens. And if in this case a resident and local CCW holder did indeed get charged under this then the situation / potential for problems is even worse than I would have thought possible.

  6. #255
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    3,366
    A stickler? The thread is about non-residents being in violation of the Gun Free School Zones Act when they visit other states where they are subject to reciprocity agreements. By saying the thread is about bad law we could discuss damn near anything at all because the books are full of bad laws all across this nation, both concerning firearms and not concerning firearms. I'm just trying to stay on topic. You're free to stray if you want I guess, but please excuse the rest of us if we don't want to stray with you. And yes, we'll likely point out to others that you are you are indeed straying from the topic of the thread. We 'sticklers' are like that sometimes.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

  7. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    A stickler? The thread is about non-residents being in violation of the Gun Free School Zones Act when they visit other states where they are subject to reciprocity agreements. By saying the thread is about bad law we could discuss damn near anything at all because the books are full of bad laws all across this nation, both concerning firearms and not concerning firearms. I'm just trying to stay on topic. You're free to stray if you want I guess, but please excuse the rest of us if we don't want to stray with you. And yes, we'll likely point out to others that you are you are indeed straying from the topic of the thread. We 'sticklers' are like that sometimes.
    The thread is about whatever people on this forum want it to be (including me). And if you read back thru it we covered just about anything between gun rights and religion. I for one am very much interested in a bad law being applied badly.

    I wasn't trying to diss you in any way. Seriously.

  8. #257
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Kalifornia & Idaho
    Posts
    1,052
    Interesting take but the Federal law is in breach of the 2nd Amendment and probably the 10th Amendment. Courts may have ruled otherwise but nevertheless, it is clearly not a valid law under the Constitution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    Also, as I mentioned earlier, this law effectively eliminates all unlicensed carry. Many States allow an individual to lawfully carry a loaded handgun openly in a holster, without any kind of permit or background check. Unless the individual also has a CCW permit issued by the State they are in, they risk federal prison every time they pass within 1000 feet of a school. Many states also allow people to keep a loaded handgun in their car without a permit. Again, when they drive within 1000 feet of a school, they risk five years in federal prison. Throwing your gun in the back of your pickup truck so you can head to the range? It better be unloaded and in a locked case.
    Maybejim

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

    What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

  9. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by maybejim View Post
    Interesting take but the Federal law is in breach of the 2nd Amendment and probably the 10th Amendment. Courts may have ruled otherwise but nevertheless, it is clearly not a valid law under the Constitution.
    That is a problem with many Federal Rules and Laws. They violate the Constitution every day but the courts won't do anything about it.

  10. #259
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Jarman View Post
    the original post was on 4/2009?, I have been carring for many years, traveled in many states, talked with many in law enforcement, while carring outside my issue state, for witch i also live in, reciprocity was not banned?, So!, yes you are mistakin'
    Wait till you meet the one Fed cop that says you are wrong. Reciprocity doesn't apply in school zones so sayeth the BATFE. I travel also and have discussed it with some local officers who say they don't care. And I've also talked to some Feds who say they will bust you. Having out of state plates on your vehicle can make you a target.

  11. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Wait till you meet the one Fed cop that says you are wrong. Reciprocity doesn't apply in school zones so sayeth the BATFE. I travel also and have discussed it with some local officers who say they don't care. And I've also talked to some Feds who say they will bust you. Having out of state plates on your vehicle can make you a target.
    It is amazing how many people firmly believe just because nothing has happened to them so far must mean it CAN'T EVER happen.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast