Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 27
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    It is amazing how many people firmly believe just because nothing has happened to them so far must mean it CAN'T EVER happen.
    No one would ever believe that the gov't would let guns run to Mexican cartels either. But we know better. The Canton, Ohio police video shows that there are cops out there that do the wrong things. Get a gun-ho cop and a gun-ho PA and your luck can turn bad. Then you'd have to hope you get a good jury.

So, will the national effort currently being debated in Congress take care of these issues?
    I agree with Wenger that it is rather a Trojan Horse that can be misused in the future, but if it MUST go through (as it looks like it will) then we can at least use it to our advantage and keep an eye on it going forward.

If I with my Texas CC license get stopped in LA in a school zone my Texas license is no good and 822 does not change that unless in the process of passing it they drop the Federal Gun Free School Zones at the same time.

The thread is about whatever people on this forum want it to be (including me). And if you read back thru it we covered just about anything between gun rights and religion. I for one am very much interested in a bad law being applied badly.

I wasn't trying to diss you in any way. Seriously.
    Fair enough. Please carry on then.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    If I with my Texas CC license get stopped in LA in a school zone my Texas license is no good and 822 does not change that unless in the process of passing it they drop the Federal Gun Free School Zones at the same time.
    At this point that's correct. But I think Texas is making a State initiated effort to change that on their own?

7. Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    At this point that's correct. But I think Texas is making a State initiated effort to change that on their own?
    HR822 does nothing to correct the GFSZA problem. Therefore, you'd still have to stay out of all populated areas to avoid being a felon.

As far as a "state initiated effort" to change GFSZA, it would never holdup in federal court.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    HR822 does nothing to correct the GFSZA problem. Therefore, you'd still have to stay out of all populated areas to avoid being a felon.

As far as a "state initiated effort" to change GFSZA, it would never holdup in federal court.
    I agree that's why I found it so remarkable they would even try.

I agree that's why I found it so remarkable they would even try.
    One step at a time. If this gets thru, then the removal of restrictions on out of state GFSZA areas.

I read that there is a bill sitting in the House Judiciary Committee that would repeal the GFSZ Act. How come there is no publicity on bill HR 2613?
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by MECHTESTER View Post
    I read that there is a bill sitting in the House Judiciary Committee that would repeal the GFSZ Act. How come there is no publicity on bill HR 2613?
    So what's that one all about?

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast