Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 28
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

do a google search of ( Gun ownners of america) They are a gun rights lobby in washington, they keep their readers current on all gun legislation by Email, they also have pre written letters that you can send pre adressed to the correct legislators, all you have to add is your personal info and send. It's awsome.

Check them out.
    Keep your paws off my Carrots and my guns
    My rules to live by Never trust a squirrel, never french kiss an ardvark and never bring Jumbo hotdogs to a nudist colony barbcue.

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    So what's that one all about?
    H.R.2613 -- Citizens Protection Act of 2011 (Introduced in House - IH)

HR 2613 IH

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 2613

To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

July 21, 2011

Mr. PAUL introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

A BILL

To repeal the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 and amendments to that Act.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Citizens Protection Act of 2011'.

SEC. 2. REPEAL OF THE GUN-FREE SCHOOL ZONES ACT OF 1990 AND AMENDMENTS TO THAT ACT.

(a) In General- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking subsection (q).

(b) Related Amendments-

(1) Section 921(a) of such title is amended by striking paragraphs (25) through (27) and redesignating paragraphs (28), (29), and (32) through (35) as paragraphs (25) through (30), respectively.

(2) Section 924(a) of such title is amended--

(A) in paragraph (1)(B), by striking `(k), or (q)' and inserting `or (k)'; and

(B) by striking paragraph (4) and redesignating paragraphs (5) through (7) as paragraphs (4) through (6), respectively.

(3) The Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 (18 U.S.C. 921 note, 922 note; section 1702 of Public Law 101-647; 104 Stat. 4844-4845) is repealed.

H.R. 2613: Citizens Protection Act of 2011

Status: This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Explanation: Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee. [Last Updated: Sep 1, 2011 6:14AM]

Last Action: Aug 25, 2011: House Committee on the Judiciary: Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement.

Related: See the Related Legislation page for other bills related to this one and a list of subject terms that have been applied to this bill. Sometimes the text of one bill or resolution is incorporated into another, and in those cases the original bill or resolution, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned.

H.R. 2613: Citizens Protection Act of 2011 (GovTrack.us)
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    H.R. 2613: Citizens Protection Act of 2011

Status: This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Explanation: Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee. [Last Updated: Sep 1, 2011 6:14AM]

Last Action: Aug 25, 2011: House Committee on the Judiciary: Referred to the Subcommittee on Immigration Policy and Enforcement.

Related: See the Related Legislation page for other bills related to this one and a list of subject terms that have been applied to this bill. Sometimes the text of one bill or resolution is incorporated into another, and in those cases the original bill or resolution, as it would appear here, would seem to be abandoned.

H.R. 2613: Citizens Protection Act of 2011 (GovTrack.us)
    I shall be following this one with interest.

6. Here is a February 2012 letter from US Senator Tom Coburn in which he states, "(GFSZA) does result in otherwise law-abiding citizens being arrested when they did not know they were breaking the law."

There you go, straight from a US Senator's mouth.

US Senator Coburn's February 2012 Letter

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    Here is a February 2012 letter from US Senator Tom Coburn in which he states, "(GFSZA) does result in otherwise law-abiding citizens being arrested when they did not know they were breaking the law."

There you go, straight from a US Senator's mouth.

US Senator Coburn's February 2012 Letter
    1. He says nothing about non-resident concealed carriers being arrested.
    2. Concealed carry is never even mentioned.
    3. He cites no cases whatsoever.
    4. A politician wouldn't exactly be my first choice to cite as a paragon of truth.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

Blog Entries
    Eagle2009 - you have effectively informed and warned us on this Federal School Zone Law which [I]trumps all states' reciprocity laws [/I, for a long time. Few take this seriously enough to change their travel routes or carry conceal habits. The fact that state to state reciprocity has existed for as long and as published as it has should quell any significant fear in the common legal carry conceal person to the extent that the subject should be rendered moot. The rare times that the Feds enforce this nebulous legal trap suggests that they were bent on a particular agenda against particular targets, anyhow! I for one, and I know that many agree, will continue to honor state to state reciprocity laws and loose no sleep on the Federal anomaly which may or may not nail me as I peacefully travel through a federal-school-trap-zone on street or highway, only seconds to American freedom as I cross the "School Zone Ends" sign border. If this bizarre federal law was seriously intended to impede the general trend on legal concealed-carrying, then the legal pending cases would be voluminous.
    But, kudos to you, sincerely, on providing excellent research allowing us to make informed decisions.
    Last edited by Spanish Trail; 03-19-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: sp

9. Eagle2009,

I would like to personally thank you for all your hard work on this.
    The rare people such as yourself are responsible for all the freedoms enjoyed by those who deserve and also those who do not deserve the freedoms people like you help to insure.
    Having read this entire thread, it is a sad testimony to the state of affairs we face as a nation due to the number of people who would rather belly ache and moan and even resist rather
    than take just a few minutes to actually make a change and a difference. If you're not FOR freedom, you're against it as I see it.

You have my sincere appreciation for your efforts and I wish I had found this earlier.
    I'll be visiting your site and you can add me to the list of those who actually will write and get involved.

God Bless.

10. Hopefully the recent Illinois ruling will eventually lead to precedent that could possibly be applied to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    Also, as I mentioned earlier, this law effectively eliminates all unlicensed carry. Many States allow an individual to lawfully carry a loaded handgun openly in a holster, without any kind of permit or background check. Unless the individual also has a CCW permit issued by the State they are in, they risk federal prison every time they pass within 1000 feet of a school. Many states also allow people to keep a loaded handgun in their car without a permit. Again, when they drive within 1000 feet of a school, they risk five years in federal prison. Throwing your gun in the back of your pickup truck so you can head to the range? It better be unloaded and in a locked case.
    So what you are saying is the courts are upholding a Federal law that is in contradiction to the Constitution. If indeed the Fed's decide they are going to go after this law, it is time to challenge it Constitutionally and perhaps by in mass demonstrations.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast