Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important) - Page 3
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed Carry Reciprocity is CURRENTLY banned under Federal Law. (Important)

We need to hold the Government Responsible for Virginia Tech and all the other shootings that occur in the UNCONSTITUTIONAL "Gun Free School Zones" AKA: "Kill For Free Zones" and leave our kids and their teachers defenseless act...

I am telling you, we are so long over due for a NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE...

"WE THE PEOPLE" NEED TO TAKE AMERICA BACK TO THE PEOPLE

3. The Tait case does indeed establish case law for permit holders in the Eleventh Circuit. However, only Alabama, Georgia, and Florida are in the Eleventh Circuit. Courts in the other circuits are not bound by it, and can rule however they please.

The Tait case did nothing to address permit reciprocity. The problem still remains... the GFSZA requires that the law enforcement authorities of the State in which the school is in verify that the individual they "license" is qualified under law before issuing the license. Some States recognize all CCW permits issued by any other State. So if you travel to one of these States, you would not be able to show that the law enforcement authorities of that State verified you (the individual) were qualified under law before issuing that "license." The reciprocity agreements accept that you are qualified... but a reciprocity agreement is in no way the same as law enforcement officers of the State actually "verifying" that the individual is qualified before issuing the "license," as required in the GFSZA statute.

To Congress's credit, I believe their intention was to exempt permit holders. However, when they wrote the law, reciprocity was not wide spread, and it did not occur to them that they needed to make provisions for it. A very simple amendment can fix this.

4. This thread has over 400 views now... so hopefully several letters have gone out to Congress? I've done most of the work for you, but I can't write people outside of my district. This is why I need your help. Please take the time to do this, it will only take five minutes if you use the letter I already wrote and included in the original post.

Visit this link to contact your Federal Representatives. https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Visit this link to contact your Federal Senators. U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Patience Bohemian, the sheeple are awaking, it's no time to call for violence.
    What we need to be doing is educating the people. If a violent revolt is to happen, then so be it, but that is the last thing anyone wants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

US Constitution, Article. IV.

Section. 1. Full Faith and Credit shall be given in each State to the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State. And the Congress may by general Laws prescribe the Manner in which such Acts, Records and Proceedings shall be proved, and the Effect thereof.

Section. 2. The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.
    My interpretation of Article IV's meaning is that the rights granted by one state to its residents shall be available and permitted to the residents of the various states. This means that if one state offers a firearms permit, it must recognize the permit of another state. It also means that Congress cannot by law give special permission to ignore licenses, permits and contracts issued by one state in any other state.

But I'm no lawyer, just somebody who reads the Constitution a lot.
    Fred's News
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - - Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Before anyone starts flooding representatives concerning this law that has been on the books for over ten years research how many people were arrested only for carrying through a school zone. There are far worse matters coming about that need to be stopped. Examples are a treaty that would make reloading ammo all but illegal, continued talk of reinstating the AWB, etc. If you truly feel that this law is worth writing about, by all means do so. You may just want to pick your battles though and there will be many. Just an opinion.

8. Writing Congress wont hurt, I think we should be writing them about all the issues. This is a democratic society. The fact is, this is the worst law currently on the books. The current lack of strict enforcement is no reason to ignore it. The Justice Department has the ability to bring this into full enforcement whenever they choose to.

For example, the law that allows BATF to restrict the import of guns that don't have any "generally recognized sporting purpose" was actually signed into law in the Gun Control Act of 1968. That clause was ignored for over twenty years... until President George Herbert Walker Bush ordered that it be brought into full enforcement. This is why imports are so severely restricted today, because of a little known, little cared about law, that everyone ignored for over twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2009 View Post
    Writing Congress wont hurt, I think we should be writing them about all the issues. This is a democratic society. The fact is, this is the worst law currently on the books. The current lack of strict enforcement is no reason to ignore it. The Justice Department has the ability to bring this into full enforcement whenever they choose to.

For example, the law that allows BATF to restrict the import of guns that don't have any "generally recognized sporting purpose" was actually signed into law in the Gun Control Act of 1968. That clause was ignored for over twenty years... until President George Herbert Walker Bush ordered that it be brought into full enforcement. This is why imports are so severely restricted today, because of a little known, little cared about law, that everyone ignored for over twenty years.
    This is why we need to push for bringing the country back to the Unabridged Second Amendment, pushing for the repeal of the 1968 GCA, 1934 NFA, FOPA 1986, et.al., and basically rolling back 22,000 plus unconstitutional second amendment infringements and counting...
    The Unabridged Second Amendment

The fact that the BATFE a division of the IRS implemented by the un-ratified 16th amendment...
    is allowed to write, implement, IMPOSE laws at their whim that have not been legislated or voted on is not only UNCONSTITUTIONAL ITS DOWN RIGHT CRIMINAL!

This is the capstone of what we need to educate our Representatives in Washington and elsewhere on ASAP! get the facts and keep them handy and start educating politicians and fellow citizens...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    We need to hold the Government Responsible for Virginia Tech and all the other shootings that occur in the UNCONSTITUTIONAL "Gun Free School Zones" AKA: "Kill For Free Zones" and leave our kids and their teachers defenseless act...

I am telling you, we are so long over due for a NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE...

"WE THE PEOPLE" NEED TO TAKE AMERICA BACK TO THE PEOPLE
    I think the one we have is good. The Govt just needs to actually follow it.
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by abock33 View Post
    I think the one we have is good. The Govt just needs to actually follow it.
    True enough, but it needs to be updated, to include the new TYRANTS...

Hence, the need for a NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE...

for starters...

E.G.:
    ...That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...

...Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies (States); and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain (President of the Untied States) is a history of repeated injuries and usurpation's, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world. He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good...

...He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance....

...For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent...

...He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil Power...

The Declaration of Independence

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast