Face the Nation with Wayne

Thread: Face the Nation with Wayne

Talking Face the Nation with Wayne

N he gets into it real good in this Debate Over 'Assault Weapons' Gov Ed Rendell...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

I like the end where he tells him that it is illegal to sell weapons to a criminal and that they need to enforce the laws! I don't know any responsible gun owners that would be willing to sell a gun to someone illegally especially if they can go to jail or lose their concealed carry permit. I sure as heck don't plan on doing something that stupid and have that right taken away from me. I assume most gun owners feel the same way. Now if there is someone doing that, well enforce the laws and take away everything they have. The dip talks about why anyone would need an assault weapon, how about because I live in a free country and unless I prove otherwise, I should be trusted as I would trust others unless they give me a reason not to! Trust me that I can make a decision about what is right and wrong! These idiots just don't get that if someone wants another person dead, the absence of an assault weapon would not stop them.
    "You must prove you feared for your life. Pee in your pants."
    -Someone on this site!

because we can

I wish somebody - even Wayne would just simply say "because we can." Nobody wants to make you only buy 12 golf clubs a year (and yes people get killed with them) or 12 bowling ballk or 12 fishing poles etc. or ask why you would need a stronger line or graphite shaft. I shoot for self defense but also because it is my hobby and I enjoy doing it. I teach shooting, shoot usually at least once a week, compete in USPSA and read all I can find - not to kill someone but because I like the activity and the skill it takes to accurately hit something you aim at. I talked about this with a friend of mine who got criticized when he told someone he was going to the range - he said now he is just going to say he is going out to "shoot 18 holes" (and a whole lot more)
    NRA Certified Instructor, Vietnam Veteran
    XD 9 MM, XD 40, 9 MM SC, 9 MM Tactical, XDM 5.25 Custom Canyon Creek 9 mm, XDM 9MM, XDM 40 Canyon Creek XDM Limited, CZ 75B, Ruger MIII, Buckmark, Beretta Neos, CX4 Storm

Quote Originally Posted by speak2u View Post
    I wish somebody - even Wayne would just simply say "because we can." Nobody wants to make you only buy 12 golf clubs a year (and yes people get killed with them) or 12 bowling ballk or 12 fishing poles etc. or ask why you would need a stronger line or graphite shaft. I shoot for self defense but also because it is my hobby and I enjoy doing it. I teach shooting, shoot usually at least once a week, compete in USPSA and read all I can find - not to kill someone but because I like the activity and the skill it takes to accurately hit something you aim at. I talked about this with a friend of mine who got criticized when he told someone he was going to the range - he said now he is just going to say he is going out to "shoot 18 holes" (and a whole lot more)
    "he said now he is just going to say he is going out to "shoot 18 holes" (and a whole lot more)" lol, I like that, I think I'll start using that as well. Could be a little inside joke! :)
    "You must prove you feared for your life. Pee in your pants."
    -Someone on this site!

I get so sick of people talking about banning "assault weapons". right along with that 1 gun a month bull crap...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

wolfhunter Guest
    When I'm asked why I carry, I reverse things and ask why they don't. As if carrying is the norm and THEY are off the curve.

We need to start writing Wayne LaPierre and the NRA and get him/them off the whole demonizing machine guns kick he has been on…

The Second Amendment means the people, as in WE THE PEOPLE who in times of need may form a militia, have the inalienable right to keep and bear arms without fear of such right being vacated. In order to be an effective militia - an integral part of a free society - the people should be armed in equal or greater proportion than any potential threat - foreign or domestic - and trained to use such armament. Additionally, the un-infringed right of the people to keep and bear arms is the most powerful deterrent to tyranny.

We all know too many Americans are A.D.D. when it comes to the news; they only pay attention to what they heard today or this week; America needs to be reminded that the FOPA of 1986 has to be Amended/Repealed!

Following the unconstitutional 1986 Class III weapons ban…
    Wayne LaPierre stated, “Repealing the machine gun amendment…will be a high priority,” and promised the NRA’s members that the organization would “actively work toward the repeal of the recent machine gun ban and will take all necessary steps to educate the public on the sporting uses and legal ownership of automatic firearms.”
    I see no continuing efforts by Wayne and or the NRA challenging the constitutionality or otherwise legality of this amendment…
    Moreover, applicable public education aforesaid…
    I ask that Wayne keep his word…
    Further, your support thereof…

I do not know about the rest of you, but I am getting sick and tired of Wayne LaPierre and the NRA compromising on the Second Amendment, as he/they have in regards to the FOPA 1986 and the stinking NICS Improvement Act of 2007 are just two glaring examples of Wayne's and the NRA's unacceptable SELL-OUT OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT...

Seems sad we need to remind the NRA what Unalienable Right Means…

BUT WE DO…

wolfhunter Guest
    +10, BO. Once we get the FOPA repealed, we can work on repeal of the 1968 firearms act and then the 1934 act. They also violate our right. No sarcasm intended, and I'll accept every incremental step towards this while trying to educate our employees in both DC and our State offices.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    +10, BO. Once we get the FOPA repealed, we can work on repeal of the 1968 firearms act and then the 1934 act. They also violate our right. No sarcasm intended, and I'll accept every incremental step towards this while trying to educate our employees in both DC and our State offices.
    Agreed, 1968 GCA, NFA 1934, FOPA 1986 and the NICS Improvement Act of 2007 all need to be repealed...

Sadly, what we really need is the Restoration of the Unabridged Second Amendment Act, that basically says once and for all; UNALIENABLE RIGHT, MEANS UNALIENABLE RIGHT...
    PERIOD!, its not subject to interpretation, constraint or any other limitation...

Does anybody really think that after starting the Revolutionary war with the British because they tried to disarm them of their assault weapons, and tax & spend them to death, that the Colonists, our Founding Fathers meant that the Second Amendment was to be conditional in any way, shape or form? NO... that's why they made at clear as possible when they said "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

"Its time we started giving the Second Amendment the same attention we give the First Amendment" - Governor Mike Huckabee.