Arlen Specter Switches to Democrats - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arlen Specter Switches to Democrats

He was no help anyway.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

He's been a thorn in the side of Republicans for years. Good riddance!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Spector is running as a Democrat in 2010. The Dems will lose seats in that election, as almost all prior midterms elections have shown the ruling party to do.

Spector is doing this simply because of his vote on the stimulus plan cooked his goose in Pennsylvania anyway, he might as well try to appeal for votes from those he sides with, liberals. He's a slimeball, believe me if he could still win as a Republican, he wouldn't be switching. This is all about power and his desire to keep it.

NDS that is a very good statement i like that. No Joke. your probably right.

But until we get to that point i am pleased to welcome an experienced Sen Specter to the party that is moving forward not backward.

What party is moving forward?
    .40S&W Lover

democrats

OK.
    .40S&W Lover

ARLEN SPECTER is not a turn coat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
    He is what he always was. He just took his coat off and has now taken away any doubt that the unthinking only thought!
    Truly a man of principle and conviction. That he is behind in the poles by 21 pts. to a CONSERVATIVE Repub had nothing to do with his decision...I am sure! After all the people of Pa. really need him as does the country.
    Think next time around I will not vote for any incumbants! No matter who they are or what party. wake up people!
    Last edited by CapGun; 04-29-2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: missing word

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    democrats
    Humor, at least I hope. Neither party should have filibuster proof power. Checks and balances, the key to a successful democracy (or republic). Besides, while there are a few good democrats, most will pass highly restrictive gun laws. I think you should also check out one of my previous posts concerning what DEMOCRATS are trying to do.

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...-ban-guns.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    What a fricking turn coat this guy is...

Move would give Democrats 60-seat majority if Franken takes office...

What that means boys and girls is that now the Senate like the house can pass bills in the HOUSE & SENATE without a SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTE...

This represents the loss of the Republicans only remaining power in any branch of the Government - FILIBUSTER...
    I wouldn't call him a turncoat. The switch to the Democratic Party just makes it official, that's all. A turncoat would be someone like Tom Coburn switching over.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast