From EXPOSEOBAMA.COM 5.7.09
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From EXPOSEOBAMA.COM 5.7.09

1. From EXPOSEOBAMA.COM 5.7.09

May 6th, 2009
    By Julia Duin, Washington Times

Barack Obama refuses to pray at national day of prayer

President Obama is distancing himself from the National Day of Prayer by nixing a formal early morning service and not attending a large Catholic prayer breakfast the next morning.

All Mr. Obama will do for the National Day of Prayer, which is Thursday, is sign a proclamation honoring the day, which originated in 1952 when Congress set aside the first Thursday in May for the observance.

For the past eight years, President George W. Bush invited selected Christian and Jewish leaders to the White House East Room, where he typically would give a short speech and several leaders offered prayers.

Is this suprising to anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

4. Talking Nope

Not at all. He seems to be as afraid of the cross as the vampires in Stephen King's "Salem's Lot". Hmmmmm.... BTW, love your avatar. I need one of them suckers.

5. So. Big Fawking deal. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state anyway. This to 99% of the country is a non issue. Prayer is supposed to be a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan View Post
    Not at all. He seems to be as afraid of the cross as the vampires in Stephen King's "Salem's Lot". Hmmmmm.... BTW, love your avatar. I need one of them suckers.
    I wonder what would happen if he got splashed with "Holy Water".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    So. Big Fawking deal. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state anyway. This to 99% of the country is a non issue. Prayer is supposed to be a personal thing.
    Ruckwerks

I think you had better check your percentage again.

It may be a bigger deal than you think.

One Nation Under God.

Does this ring any bells?

Debray

8. Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I wonder what would happen if he got splashed with "Holy Water".

gf
    of course it would burn his skin.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Debray View Post
    Ruckwerks

I think you had better check your percentage again.

It may be a bigger deal than you think.

One Nation Under God.

Does this ring any bells?

Debray
    right. over 80% of this country believe in God. our founding fathers were largely Bible-believing, God-fearing patriots who incorporated language about God into our country's founding documents. they did not see any reason to avoid talk of God in politics. nor should we. who do you think stamped "In God We Trust" on our curency?

The "god" he would've prayed to would NOT be the same "God" in whom we trust anyway. I'm more appalled at the people that elected him into office than the fact that he didn't pray to allah on 5.7.09.

YouTube - Obama: "My Muslim Faith"
    SC CWP
    NH non-res CWP
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    So. Big Fawking deal. There is supposed to be a separation of church and state anyway. This to 99% of the country is a non issue. Prayer is supposed to be a personal thing.

Actually, from my understanding, the whole "separation of church & state" was originally meant for something different. At the writing of that, the church played a big part in government. Remember how much power the Catholic Church had over EVERYTHING? They dictated ALL the laws. So, our founding fathers wanted to be able to make thier own rules w/o the church having a say so in any of it. That's why they put that in. They had no problem w/ religion being in the government, just w/ religion DICTATING the government.

This has been taken too far out of context. Hence, everyone crying that card when they feel thier "rights" have been infringed upon. What about the rights of the majority?

Strangely enough, there was a line graph I saw years ago showing the decline of public schools. You know when it started? About the same time prayer was taken out of the schools in the 60's.

Personally, I can't believe there is no prayer in schools.... think about what you did right before a test
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf". ~George Orwell / Rudyard Kipling

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast