Justices to weigh handgun ban

Thread: Justices to weigh handgun ban

Justices to weigh handgun ban

This is an article from the Wall street Journal. It's a couple of days old so you all may have already read it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1195..._us_whats_news

Republican presidential candidates have endorsed the view that the Second Amendment provides an individual right. Even Rudolph Giuliani, who as mayor of New York backed broad gun controls, now says the District of Columbia law is unconstitutional.
    The campaigns of Democratic candidates Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton, Barack Obama and former Sen. John Edwards didn't respond to requests for comment. The issue poses tougher problems for Democrats, who are trying to reach beyond their urban base to rural and suburban voters in the South and the Rocky Mountain states.

Why am I not surprised these democratic candidates won't comment on this issue.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Vote until the treat is stopped. Time for us to put up or shut up. Good read Doc

It's time to constantly harp at the Democratic candidates on their view of the constitution and the meaning of all the amendments, specifically including the 2nd, until they take a position. Then, trumpet that decision, whatever it it. If they disagree with each other, question those differences without stop, pointing out the lack of consensus.

Then, when SCOTUS makes a decision, use the decision (whatever it is) to criticize the anti-gun candidate.

Just don't relax; write, phone, speak to other individuals.

what do you do wlth liers?

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    what do you do wlth liers?
    First, have your facts straight, then don't call them liars to their supporters. Just have a simple question for them. I asked a woman who believes Romney is 100% in support of the Constitution about his apparent change regarding government intrusion in our lives from the time he was running for Governor compared to his current Presidential campaign. I never told her that her choice prevaricates and equivocates, I just left it for her to explain the discrepancy to me. If you antagonize supporters you just entrench their position. Realize that some people cannot change. Another woman I know is going to vote for Hillary because she's a woman--no other reason! You can't argue with her, don't try, she's not interested in issues...

Even Rudolph Giuliani, who as mayor of New York backed broad gun controls, now says the District of Columbia law is unconstitutional.
    Hmmm... Whaddaya wanna bet he's saying this because he wants to get elected?
    Realize that some people cannot change.
    "You can't teach a cat to be a dog"
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!