No Fly - No Buy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Fly - No Buy

No Fly - No Buy

It may soon be illegal for those on the "no-fly" list to buy guns. You don't have to have been convicted of anything just placed on the list.

'No Fly, No Buy' for Guns Bill Proposed by Rep. McCarthy

3. This is Dead.

H.R. 1167 [110th]: No Fly, No Buy Act of 2007 (GovTrack.us)

Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY]show cosponsors (1)
    Cosponsors [as of 2009-01-08]
    Rep. James Moran [D-VA]
    Cosponsorship information sometimes is out of date. Why?
    Text: Summary | Full Text
    Reported by Committee (did not occur)
    Voted on in House (did not occur)
    Voted on in Senate (did not occur)
    Signed by President (did not occur)

This bill never became law. This bill was proposed in a previous session of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared from the books. Members often reintroduce bills that did not come up for debate under a new number in the next session.
    Last Action: Mar 19, 2007: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

You may want to take a look at the following:

H.R. 2401: No Fly, No Buy Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)

Sounds like the New Government of the Obama States of America, our motto "We don't need no steeenking due process to get you."
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    You may want to take a look at the following:

H.R. 2401: No Fly, No Buy Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us)
    OOpps!! I'll keep my eyes on this.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

7. Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    Sounds like the New Government of the Obama States of America, our motto "We don't need no steeenking due process to get you."
    This has nothing to do with Obama but Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY] who is a livid anti gunner, she currently has several other anti gun bills in the works and the next AWB will come from her!

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    This has nothing to do with Obama but Rep. Carolyn McCarthy [D-NY] who is a livid anti gunner, she currently has several other anti gun bills in the works and the next AWB will come from her!
    Obama may not be directly responsible but he would sign it and any other anti bill that comes across his desk into law. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Obama is just as anti as McCarthy, Pelosi, etc. If his roles were reversed he would probably co-sponsor the bill.

9. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Obama may not be directly responsible but he would sign it and any other anti bill that comes across his desk into law. Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, Obama is just as anti as McCarthy, Pelosi, etc. If his roles were reversed he would probably co-sponsor the bill.
    This it the annual visit of this bill and I believe it has never made it out of committee. Lets keep and eye on it, but I believe that MR Obama is starting to see the light. the Left is feeling they voted for a turncoat after not releasing the torture photos and keeping the tribunals in process. I dont think he will sign anything that might mean political suicide. but I might be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    This it the annual visit of this bill and I believe it has never made it out of committee. Lets keep and eye on it, but I believe that MR Obama is starting to see the light. the Left is feeling they voted for a turncoat after not releasing the torture photos and keeping the tribunals in process. I dont think he will sign anything that might mean political suicide. but I might be wrong
    I think the only reason he reversed his decision on releasing the photos is that he actually listened to his generals. When they told him it would place their troops in even greater danger he changed his mind. As for signing anti bills, I think he would readily do so because they had already made it through the Senate or Congress. I guess until it happens we will never really know.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I think the only reason he reversed his decision on releasing the photos is that he actually listened to his generals. When they told him it would place their troops in even greater danger he changed his mind. As for signing anti bills, I think he would readily do so because they had already made it through the Senate or Congress. I guess until it happens we will never really know.
    We can only hope and write letters

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast