Sb 2099 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sb 2099

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    Got my butt rung by another site where i posted that info. Guess it came out Sept. 2000 but they are still not to be trusted. Any of them. Feinstien is still working on an anti-gun bill along with that moron obama. This is a tyrannical government. It is our right and responsibility to do away with it. They want to disarm us and take away our 2nd amendment right along with other rights. Letters dont seem to work or e-mails or tea parties they just laugh at us and call us racists. Time for a revolt and maybe they would understand that. When i joined the military i swore to protect this country from ALL enemies foreign and domestic.
    I think it's happened to all of us once. The thing to keep away from is having thousands of people calling their reps on a bogus bill. It hurts credibility and makes them stop listening.

3. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I think it's happened to all of us once. The thing to keep away from is having thousands of people calling their reps on a bogus bill. It hurts credibility and makes them stop listening.
    Ditto. I agree completely. Research first, then call for action. We would all do well to follow that advice.

Quote Originally Posted by redboneshadow View Post
    Got my butt rung by another site where i posted that info. Guess it came out Sept. 2000 but they are still not to be trusted. Any of them. Feinstien is still working on an anti-gun bill along with that moron obama. This is a tyrannical government. It is our right and responsibility to do away with it. They want to disarm us and take away our 2nd amendment right along with other rights. Letters dont seem to work or e-mails or tea parties they just laugh at us and call us racists. Time for a revolt and maybe they would understand that. When i joined the military i swore to protect this country from ALL enemies foreign and domestic.
    +1. even though it may be old you can bet that they are conjuring up more ways to try to stick it to the patriots of our country. can't let our guard down for even a second.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I got the same info in an Email and came to check it out. That would have been it for me. I'd be shrink wrapping all my guns and planting them. Hell, they don't prosecute the criminals anyway.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Been away for a few but I found out this was actually tried several years back and died a appropriate death....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

7. So far all I have seen on SB2099 is that it is a hoax. However, even if it isn't, the only guns that the IRS will find out about are the ones that the STUPID owners tell them about!!! I don't own ANY guns....

8. Hoax. Unless you get links, citatrions and sources for this stuff, don't forward it as it is just spam, hoax, waste of bandwidth, whatever. I always try to verify and I also let the sender know so they can advise their correspondents of the hoax.
    I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened. - Mark Twain -

I think that we all can agree, that this has been settled; sb2099 is a old hoax...

Be that as it may...

The likelihood of the scenario is not...

Further, anybody that does not think that the IRS does not already know about any firearms that you have in your possession that you were required to go though the NICS check prior to purchasing is living in a dream world...

Anybody not already aware that, not only does the BATFE/IRS know about every single firearm that goes through the NICS system, an separate form is filled out by the FFL that transfered it to you, when you purchase more then one firearm at a time, and copies sent to all local, county, state and federal law-enforcement agencies...

BATFE, division of the IRS, are both Unconstitutional side affects of the unconstitutional 16th amendment...

WHY do you think that the Antis are trying so hard to close the so-called gun show loophole?

BECAUSE, that is the last remaining so-called loophole to close, and implement national id's before they mandate government registration, licensing of all firearms; and will be able to easily enforce it; once that is in place those items combined will mirror how England, Australia, Canada, India, South Africa and other now disarmed countries, easily disarmed their law-abiding citizens within weeks...

First the full-autos, then draconian ammunition & firearm regulation, licensing, taxing, then semi-autos, anything that takes a magazine, or holds more then one bullet, shotguns larger then .410, then total disarmament of law-abiding citizens ...

ALL disguised as so-called "COMMON-SENSE FIREARM REGULATION", and "LEGAL CONSTRAINTS OF RIGHTS"... "FOR THE COMMON GOOD"

E.G.:

"Just because you have a right, does not mean the Government cannot constrain that right" - The Usurper Barack Hussein Obama.

NRA-ILA :: Clearing Up the Rumors: The Truth About The "Gun Tax Bill"
    Friday, May 29, 2009

In the last few weeks, NRA-ILA has received hundreds of e-mails warning us about “SB-2099,” a bill that would supposedly require you to report all your guns on your income tax return every April 15.

Like many rumors, there’s just a grain of truth to this one. Someone’s recycling an old alert, which wasn’t even very accurate when it was new.

There actually was a U.S. Senate bill with that number that would have taxed handguns—nine years ago. It was introduced by anti-gun Sen. Jack Reed (D-R.I.), and it would have included handguns under the National Firearms Act’s tax and registration scheme. This has nothing to do with anyone’s Form 1040, of course.

Fortunately, S. 2099 disappeared without any action by the Senate, back when Bill Clinton was still in the White House. We reported about it back then, just as we report about new anti-gun bills every week. Now, it’s time for gun owners to drop this old distraction and focus on the real threats at hand.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    It's the surest way to turn million of Americans into tax protesters regardless.
    At the VERY least at that too! This D.C. dysentery has no idea of the anger factor of Patriots!
    An ARMED individual is a CITIZEN! ...An UNARMED individual is a SUBJECT!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast