Pelosi's approval rating plummets

Thread: Pelosi's approval rating plummets

Exclamation Pelosi's approval rating plummets

Pelosi's approval rating plummets
    Email|Link|Comments (837) Posted by Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor May 18, 2009 06:27 PM
    Pelosi's approval rating plummets - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com
    Embattled House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has approval ratings nearly as low as Newt Gingrich when he was the primary lightning rod in Congress, a new poll says.

The CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released this afternoon found that the approval of how Pelosi is doing her job as speaker has dropped from 51 percent in January to 46 percent in March to 39 percent now.

In the new survey, conducted Thursday through Sunday while Pelosi was embroiled in controversy over how much she was told about waterboarding of terrorist suspects, 48 percent of respondents said they disapproved of her performance.

In a news conference on Thursday, she said she had been misled by the CIA -- an accusation that prompted officials of both parties to defend the spy agency and that provoked some angry Republicans to say she should put up proof or shut up and apologize.

Gingrich, the former GOP house speaker during the mid-1990s, has called on Pelosi to resign as speaker. He had his approval rating drop into the low 30 percent and as low as 25 percent in March 1997.

Meanwhile, Mike Huckabee, the former presidential candidate turned talk show host, has found another venue to bash Pelosi.

Who knew he was a poet?

The verses posted on his website begin:

Here's a story about a lady named Nancy
    A ruthless politician, but dressed very fancy
    Very ambitious, she got herself elected Speaker
    But as for keeping secrets, she proved quite a "leaker."

And the poem later refers to the recent controversy:

She sat in briefings and knew about enhanced interrogation;
    But claims she wasn't there, and can't give an explanation.
    She disparages the CIA and says they are a bunch of liars;
    Even the press aren't buying it and they're stoking their fires.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

wolfhunter Guest
    I held an opinion poll in my head:
    7 of the voices say she should resign
    2 responses aren't printable
    ONE voice was undecided between those two options.
    Last edited by wolfhunter; 05-19-2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Her approval rating could not get any lower with me than it already is.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I held an opinion poll in my head:
    7 of the voices say whe should resign
    2 responses aren't printable
    ONE voice was undecided between those two options.
    Apparently you have four fewer voices in your head than Nancy does.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

She isn't going anywhere as the Speaker, she's got too much pride to let it go and spare her dignity or the dignity of the position.