Give me liberty or give me death - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give me liberty or give me death

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    When you read about the life of Patrick Henry you start to wonder if his great speeches had about the same meaning as those of Bill Clinton and B H Obama. A lot of hot air.
    Patrick Henry for starters... accomplished many things in government. In 1775 he was elected to the First Continental Congress. Henry was governor during the Revolutionary War. In 1775 he spoke at the Virginia Provincial Convention where he is remembered for his famous words,"Give me liberty or give me death". In 1778,Patrick Henry worked at the state Convention that was later asked to ratify the United States Constitution.
    He further was a strong opponent to federalism and helped secure the first 10 amendments to the Constitution...

Obama... mmm lets see, for starters, zero Executive Experience, never been a CEO, or even ran a small business or even a grocery store for that matter, is the most anti-Constitutional, Anti-Second Amendment Politician in U.S. History, failed to serve even one full term as a U.S. Senator, usurped the Presidency, spent more money in his first 30 days in office then all governments combined have in their entirety, in the history of the country, inflation adjusted... PROMISED, that no American would lose one dime by the bailouts, further that we would make interest on those bailouts funded by tax increases (on 100% of every household in the country), what happened? Chrysler went bankrupt anyway, and now not only do we not get interest; we have already lost 100% of the bailout money, that we have not yet paid for in tax increases and we will NEVER GET ONE DIME OF BACK, already mandated by bankruptcy court...
    Further, GM is right behind Chrysler...
    To add insult to injury the Usurper Obama just gave Chrysler billions more to start over at our expense, and GM billions more because they can't be allowed to fail either...

Billary was right... John McCain would bring a lifetime of relevant experience, I (Hillary) would bring a lifetime of relevant experience; Barack Obama brings a speech he wrote in 2002...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    [IWelll lets just say I have heard the attacks before on the founding fathers and they usually come from the liberal left.[/I]
    WallBuilders | Presenting America's forgotten history and heroes, with an emphasis on our moral, religious, and constitutional heritage.

For those ouf you that would like to learn the truth about the founding fathers I sujest the above site.
    I am not attacking them at all just laying out the facts that they were not the righteous, heroic, unselfish all-knowing, fault-free perfect men that history would like htem to be. They were men just like men of today with faults and ideas of their own many times with their own self-interest at heart. The did not thin all men were created equal like they tried to make out. They considered themselves above the crowd and considered only male land owners worthy of consideration. They considered slaves to be chattle and women to be beneath them. This was the environment of that time but they were not perfect. Through much hard work and time wrote a great document called the Constitution. But you can proclaim how much bravery and sacrifice they made but how many of them actually fought in battle.

Andrew Jackson is revered by many for leading his men into a battle that was actually fought after the British had already surrendered. I just get tired of all this stuff about Geroge Washington at Valley Forge and the wonderful victories at Lexington and Concord while the actual war was won in South Carolina. More Revolutionary War battles were fought in SC than any other state but the history books I used in school never mentioned that. All I heard was how George Washington cut down a cherry tree and threw a silver dollar across the Delaware river. You can call it revisionist history but I call it setting the record straight.

I don't think for one minute they were perfect. There has only been one perfect man and he was the Son of God. I do think however for the most part with a few exceptions they were head and shoulders above what we have running or should I say ruining our country today. Most of the smear tactics agianst them have come from a very liberal press and a liberal, Marxist public school system. Again wallbuilders is a good sourse of information on the subject.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I have heard just about all the crap that I am going to listen to. There is truly a lot of BS here,but it isn't about the Founding Fathers. George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, and all of the others who put their lives on the line - and they DID put their lives on the line by publicly standing up for what they believed and speaking out against the Crown - were the "clay" that created this country.

No one is perfect, but there has to be those who control the process and those who carry it out. Is the CIC a coward for not being on the front lines of a war? Or even the generals? And Washington was on the front lines and in the winter cold with his troops. Franklin fought most of the war in France, where he got the patriots needed foreign help. SHould this old man have been shouldering a musket in battle?

This is what our liberal educational system has done to our history - made it into so much ******** and malarkey that none of today's youth have any faith and belief in the U.S. anymore. The United States? Oh, we're nothing more than just another country in this world, and a poor one, at that. George Washington? Big deal! He was just another lousy general who happened to get lucky. Our history has been beaten down to where not many kids even know it any more. And what they do know is slanted liberally to make it as worthless as possible. I doubt that you even know what patriotism is.

How so many failures could get together and produce our Declaration of Independence and Constitution is like saying that given enough time, a bunch of monkeys on computers could do as well.

FN1910, I really don't know what you're doing up here. I've got more patriotism in my left nut than you have in your whole body. Great men produced this country, and gave you the right (so far) to own a gun (I can only guess that's why you're even on a gun forum). And now MOST of us are fighting to protect the rights that those Founding Fathers gave us long ago. If you think they were all a bunch of philanderers and ne'er-do-wells, then why are you defending those rights on this board?

One suggestion - why don't you read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, and give me the names of a few of today's "scholars" who could have written the same? If you want to look at the dregs of politics, just look at today's representatives. I'll back our Founding Fathers any day over our country's current criminals.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    I have heard just about all the crap that I am going to listen to. There is truly a lot of BS here,but it isn't about the Founding Fathers. George Washington, Ben Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, and all of the others who put their lives on the line - and they DID put their lives on the line by publicly standing up for what they believed and speaking aout against the Crown - were the "clay" that created this country.

No one is perfect, but there has to be those who control the process and those who carry it out. Is the CIC a coward for not being on the front lines of a war? Or even the generals? And Washington was on the front lines and in the winter cold with his troops. Franklin fought most of the war in France, where he got the patriots needed foreign help. SHould this old man have been shouldering a musket in battle?

This is what our liberal educational system has done to our history - made it into so much ******** and malarkey that none of today's youth have any faith and belief in the U.S. anymore. The United States? Oh, we're nothing more than just another country in this world, and a poor one, at that. George Washington? Big deal! He was just another lousy general who happened to get lucky. Our history has been beaten down to where not many kids even know it any more. And what they do know is slanted liberally to make it as worthless as possible. I doubt that you even know what patriotism is.

How so many failures could get together and produce our Declaration of Independence and Constitution is like saying that given enough time, a bunch of monkeys on computers could do as well.

FN1910, I really don't know what you're doing up here. I've got more patriotism in my left nut than you have in your whole body. Great men produced this country, and gave you the right (so far) to own a gun (I can only guess that's why you're even on a gun forum). And now MOST of us are fighting to protect the rights that those Founding Fathers gave us long ago. If you think they were all a bunch of philalderers and ne'er-do-wells, then why are you defending those rights on this board?

One suggestion - why don't you read the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, and give me the names of a few of today's "scholars" who could have written the same? If you want to look at the dregs of politics, just look at today's representatives. I'll back our Founding Fathers any day over our country's current criminals.
    right on!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12