Falls Church, VA wants more gun control

Thread: Falls Church, VA wants more gun control

Falls Church, VA wants more gun control

The politicians of Fall Church, VA are requesting tighter gun control. They want to limit the places a handgun can be carried. At least they are excluding the people that have carry permits. Councilman David Snyder says there may be places you need your gun, but Fall Church is not one of them. I guess it's safe and ok then.

http://www.fcnp.com/index.php?option...2169&Itemid=33
    Last edited by DrDavidM; 12-01-2007 at 10:19 AM.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

What a bunch of BS coming from fall church

Gun Control

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    The politicians of Fall Church, VA are requesting tighter gun control. They want to limit the places a handgun can be carried. At least they are excluding the people that have carry permits. Councilman David Snyder says there may be places you need your gun, but Fall Church is not one of them. I guess it's safe ok then.

There is no place safe. Just some places not quite as dangerous.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    The politicians of Fall Church, VA are requesting tighter gun control. They want to limit the places a handgun can be carried. At least they are excluding the people that have carry permits. Councilman David Snyder says there may be places you need your gun, but Fall Church is not one of them. I guess it's safe ok then.

From the link:

"In order to strengthen the publicís confidence in their security and safety in public facilities, the City of Falls Church supports state legislation to allow the City to adopt an ordinance prohibiting the possession of firearms into any City owned property of facility, including recreational facilities and libraries,..."

Uh sorry brain dead Fall Church Council. It would weaken my confidence in my security.

I just don't understand how these people don't get it! It's actually really simple to grasp.

Laws - Only affect and followed by law abbiding citizens
    Law abbiding citizens - A resident of a city or town, especially one entitled to vote and enjoy other privileges there, that ADHERS to the laws.
    Criminal - someone who HAS committed (or been legally CONVICTED of) a crime or having the NATURE of crime.

That should explain it all right there! You're little feel good law will be obeyed by the good, as always. The criminals, well, they are criminals!
    Last edited by KimberPB; 12-02-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Fortunately, municipalities are exempted at the state level, and thus, Falls Church would have to get permission from the state in order to enact its own gun control laws. Since that is about as likely to happen as Washington D.C. is to enact unrestricted concealed carry, Virginians have nothing to worry about.

I do have to wonder, however, why does Falls Church only want to target those without permits? Is the out of sight out of mind mentality taking hold there?

Post Subject

Sounds like these beauracrats in Falls Church, has not read the book. More guns less crime, from the author John Lott.