Hawaii to ban pocket knives - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hawaii to ban pocket knives

Folks, use some common sense before you blow a fuse or have a coniption fit. Some ding-a-ling, probably a big donor of some State Rep, asked him to introduce this bill so to keep the dollars flowing he did. It has about the same chance of passage as a snowball lasting more than 24 hours inside one of the volcanoes out there. It was immediately sent to committee to die like about 90% of all other bill introduced each term. If you think that this bill has any chance of passage anywhere in hte US you have much less faith in our Legislature than I do. I know there are some dumb bill passed evey now and then but honestly do you really think this one is even going to get past the committee's wastebasket?

The point of even bringing this to light was just to enrage the masses and get more hits on his website. We have bigger things to worry about. I am about to decide that the Pro-Gun community is just as misleading and hysterical as the Brady Bunch. hard to tell any more which side is telling the biggest lies.

What's next,a ban on forks????

One right at a time, that is how they took it away in other countries and that is how they are doing it here....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    One right at a time, that is how they took it away in other countries and that is how they are doing it here....

You are dead right, Sheldon.

FN1910: There is no 'bill' attached to this action. This is a CBP proposed 'rule change'. Please read the full text at the links provided before posting erroneous information.

Regarding your comment that ridiculous bills don't pass:

We thought the Clinton assault weapon ban wouldn't pass either.

We thought the Stimulus bill wouldn't pass without anyone in the House or Senate even reading it.

And that the Goverment couldn't take over the banking and auto industry.

We didn't think we'd have Czars that don't answer to anyone but the President , bypassing Congress, when the Constitution clearly states that Congress will have oversight, providing checks and balances, over the Executive Branch of Government.

We didn't think we'd ever have a 'Pay Czar' in a Capitalistic society that actually controls the pay of private sector employees.

Sorry FN1910, people died for the freedoms we have/had and I find it insulting that those of us that find vigilence now is appropriate are 'misleading and hysterical'. American's are waking up and our extreme concern for our eroding liberties are not 'hysterical', nor do we find we have 'bigger things to worry about' as you do.

I am sure you will gladly accept the benefits of our hard work now for the (gun) rights you get to keep later, whether you're a liberal or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DebS View Post
    You are dead right, Sheldon.

FN1910: There is no 'bill' attached to this action. This is a CBP proposed 'rule change'. Please read the full text at the links provided before posting erroneous information.

Regarding your comment that ridiculous bills don't pass:

We thought the Clinton assault weapon ban wouldn't pass either.

We thought the Stimulus bill wouldn't pass without anyone in the House or Senate even reading it.

And that the Goverment couldn't take over the banking and auto industry.

We didn't think we'd have Czars that don't answer to anyone but the President , bypassing Congress, when the Constitution clearly states that Congress will have oversight, providing checks and balances, over the Executive Branch of Government.

We didn't think we'd ever have a 'Pay Czar' in a Capitalistic society that actually controls the pay of private sector employees.

Sorry FN1910, people died for the freedoms we have/had and I find it insulting that those of us that find vigilence now is appropriate are 'misleading and hysterical'. American's are waking up and our extreme concern for our eroding liberties are not 'hysterical', nor do we find we have 'bigger things to worry about' as you do.

I am sure you will gladly accept the benefits of our hard work now for the (gun) rights you get to keep later, whether you're a liberal or not.
    I always thought that Senate Bill 126 meant that it wa a bill.

Everything I saw refered to it as a bill. It has died in committee.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/sessio...lls/SB126_.PDF

Im a willing to bet you $1,000 that this BILL does not pass.

Please go back and read the OP before jumping down someone's throat. Again spreading BS just like the Brady Bunch.

7. FN1910, please re-read post #10.

Quote Originally Posted by DebS View Post
    FN1910, please re-read post #10.
    If you will go back and read post #1 of which I was refering to in this thread since you seemed to thy and hijack is and calling me out along with trying to correct me. As far as the banning of 80% of knives until I get a little more factual source on it that the World Net Daily I am not worrying about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12