Obama Appoints 2 Devout Muslims to Homeland Security Posts - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Appoints 2 Devout Muslims to Homeland Security Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    When your name rhymes with "Allahu Akbar" no one is thinking "do you think this guy could be Irish?" Gimme a break! Maybe Obama didn't know li'l Mohammed was a Muslim. Maybe you're right, seeing as no one ever bothered vetting Obama himself, who claimed that he was a Christian, before he claimed he was born in Hawaii. Barack HUSSEIN Obama, with deep roots in the Middle East didn't know these two guys were Muslims? Pull the other one!

If Obama is a Christian, then so was Saddam Hussein. Right!
    I actually was referring to Heyman. Of course I could tell that the other guy was Muslim. All I'm saying is so what if they're Muslim? If they are otherwise well qualified and of reputable character, who cares whether they're Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist (not one of those wacko ACLU members though), or agnostic? Unless he's a known terrorist sympathizer, his religion should not keep him out of a job that he is otherwise qualified for.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I actually was referring to Heyman. Of course I could tell that the other guy was Muslim. All I'm saying is so what if they're Muslim? If they are otherwise well qualified and of reputable character, who cares whether they're Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Atheist (not one of those wacko ACLU members though), or agnostic? Unless he's a known terrorist sympathizer, his religion should not keep him out of a job that he is otherwise qualified for.
    You didn't read the whole piece, I suspect.

However, looking deeper into this group:
    MPAC's Senior Advisor, Maher Hathout, who has close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and espouses the radical brand of Islam known as Wahhabism, was invited to address the Democratic Convention in Los Angeles in 2000.
    MPAC's centrist public image unraveled after the September 2000 launching of the Second Palestinian Intifada, when the Council severed its ties to the Jewish community and issued one-sided condemnations of Israel's response to the Arab violence.
    This group actively opposed Bush's military incursions into Afghanistan and Iraq, as well as his "excesses" in the war on terror. In February 2003, MPAC joined the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the American Muslim Council, and the American Muslim Alliance in forming a coalition to repeal and amend the Patriot Act, which these organizations depicted as an assault on the civil liberties of Americans, particularly Muslims.
    MPAC claims that Islam is a religion of peace and moderation, and contends that Muslim extremists are no more numerous or dangerous than fundamentalists in any other faith.
    Holding Israel entirely responsible for the "pattern of violence" in the Middle East, MPAC asserts that Hezbollah "could be called a liberation movement." The Council likens Hezbollah members to American "freedom fighters hundreds of years ago whom the British regarded as terrorists."
    In a 1999 position paper, MPAC justified Hezbollah's deadly 1983 bombing of the American Marine barracks in Lebanon as a "military operation" rather than a terrorist attack. 1983 Beirut barracks bombing, which killed 299 servicemen, including 220 U.S. Marines. As Maher Hathout puts it: "Hezbollah is fighting for freedom, an organized army, limiting its operations against military people, this is a legitimate target against occupation. this is legitimate, this is an American value -- freedom and liberty."
    What did you say? "Unless he's a known terrorist sympathizer..." He ain't exactly Barney Fife, now is he?
    -= Piece Corps =-

When we were in the cold war with Russia we did not put communists in high posts in the pentagon. Some things you should not do. If he wanted these two working for him he should have put them someplace other than security posts. They might be fine people but why would you test their alliance with all our lives at stake?

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    When we were in the cold war with Russia we did not put communists in high posts in the pentagon. Some things you should not do. If he wanted these two working for him he should have put them someplace other than security posts. They might be fine people but why would you test their alliance with all our lives at stake?
    Remember American born Japanese during WWll? They were incarcerated before going on to fight for the U.S. and many were heroes. The same went for American born Germans and Italians. Today many people don't trust Muslims which is the same thinking as back then. If they pass the background investigation and have no ties to the terrorists there should be no problems. This is true whether they are fighting next to you in battle or sitting at a desk.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Remember American born Japanese during WWll? They were incarcerated before going on to fight for the U.S. and many were heroes. The same went for American born Germans and Italians. Today many people don't trust Muslims which is the same thinking as back then. If they pass the background investigation and have no ties to the terrorists there should be no problems. This is true whether they are fighting next to you in battle or sitting at a desk.
    Ron I do not think most of us here would sujest anything like incarceration. If they are true to their faith and follow the Koran though that they believe that all others are worthy of death if they do not convert. One only has to talk to someone that lives in London to see how dangerous appeasment can be. They have just about taken over the city/country.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Ron I do not think most of us here would sujest anything like incarceration. If they are true to their faith and follow the Koran though that they believe that all others are worthy of death if they do not convert. One only has to talk to someone that lives in London to see how dangerous appeasment can be. They have just about taken over the city/country.
    HK, just as some do the Bible many have taken one small verse from the Koran and built upon it. Even the Bible says that those who don't accept God are worthy of death. Because of the current situation I have read much of the Koran (I didn't want to speak without being somewhat informed) and it's no more violent than the Bible. Fanatics and extremists are found in all religions including Christianity. Many terrible things have been done in the name of religion. The inquisition, witch hunts, and even the KKK used religion to try and justify what they did. To judge someone simply on their religion just isn't the way to go. Of course that's just my opinion. As for Muslims taking over London here's a London demographic:

Religion: The largest religious groupings in London are Christian (58.2%), No Religion (15.8%), Muslim (8.2%), Hindu (4.1%), Jewish (2.1%), and Sikh (1.5%). London has traditionally been dominated by Christianity, and has a large number of churches, particularly in the City.

I don't really think 8.2% is taking over.
    Last edited by ronwill; 06-22-2009 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Added More Info

new name... Department of Insecurity.....

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Fox to Guard Chicken Coop.

Pretty much sums it up.
    That's what I was going to say..... This is wrong on so many levels...... So is he really that stupid!!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    obama just trying to take care of his own... even though he claims to be christian... I'm not buying it.
    Yeah, you're right. Kinda like Bush appointing a bunch of Christians to all those same positions, right?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    obama just trying to take care of his own... even though he claims to be christian... I'm not buying it.
    Kind of like what I heard a pastor say one time "If they passed a law tomorrow that made being a Christian a crime would they have enough evidence to convict you". I think in that case Obama would not have to worry.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I'm sure that many are going to disagree but what happened to freedom of religion? We're not at war will Muslims, we're at war with terrorists. As long as the appointees pass the background checks I see no real problem. If they truly have connections to known terrorists then there is a problem. The Constitution protects the right to be a Muslim just as it does to choose any religion. By the way Israel has presidents, not czars. Israel is not Muslim and few Israelis are named Mohammad. While I'm not comfortable with non-Christians in high positions in the government I try to understand it's not religion we're at war with but extremists who give a religion a bad reputation.
    I can tell you have no idea what your talking about by:

1. Not knowing that the position of czar is a position in the united states federal government List of U.S. executive branch czars - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia there is a link explaining it.

2.You didn't read the entirety of the first post talking about the religious groups these men are associated with. If you had, you would have realized that these men are a part of an organization that justifies terrorism.

3. Muhammed is the most widely used name in the world, over 15 million people are named Muhammed. It is reasonable to assume that a culture that has the Islam religion tied with them would have several people in their community name Muhammed.

Please read, and be somewhat knowledgeable about things before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    HK, just as some do the Bible many have taken one small verse from the Koran and built upon it. Even the Bible says that those who don't accept God are worthy of death. Because of the current situation I have read much of the Koran (I didn't want to speak without being somewhat informed) and it's no more violent than the Bible. Fanatics and extremists are found in all religions including Christianity. Many terrible things have been done in the name of religion. The inquisition, witch hunts, and even the KKK used religion to try and justify what they did. To judge someone simply on their religion just isn't the way to go. Of course that's just my opinion. As for Muslims taking over London here's a London demographic:

Religion: The largest religious groupings in London are Christian (58.2%), No Religion (15.8%), Muslim (8.2%), Hindu (4.1%), Jewish (2.1%), and Sikh (1.5%). London has traditionally been dominated by Christianity, and has a large number of churches, particularly in the City.

I don't really think 8.2% is taking over.
    Apparently you have never been to London. What you have left out in your demographics is the fact the muslims are the fastest growing religious group in England, and are considered to be the most hostile of all the religious groups, and if you had been anywhere else in Europe you would see that most countries do not allow people of that faith to immigrate to there country.....hmmmm i wonder why (referencing the ideas behind the Koran). I would also like to see you point out a verse in the bible that justifies the killing of non believers. Don't get me wrong i do believe in religious tolerance, and i like the diversity, but when you appoint someone who condones terrorist behavior to the office of homeland security you go to far.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Kinda like Bush appointing a bunch of Christians to all those same positions, right?
    Ya and the fact this country is built on christian principles and beliefs is absolutely crazy.......not to mention it is these beliefs that gave way to religious tolerance in this country, and allowed for radical religious groups to operate protected by our laws. I find it hilarious when people bring up the freedom of religion card, because if it where not for Christianity there would be no freedom of religion is this country. Don't be stupid.

I do not condone any type of violence towards any type of religious groups. I would just like to hear all of Obama's justifications for such a stupid decision. I am simply asking that you guys think about, research, and articulate your ideas before you post.

-Zonian

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast