more likely to be shot in DC than Iraq?
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: more likely to be shot in DC than Iraq?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Talking more likely to be shot in DC than Iraq?

    > An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week,
    which I
    quote: "If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000
    troops in
    the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total
    of 2112
    deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.
    >
    > The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the
    same
    period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be shot and
    killed
    in the US capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in
    the US ,
    than you are in Iraq .
    >
    > Conclusion? The US should pull out of Washington ."
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    St. Louis/Missouri
    Posts
    578
    Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    > An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week,
    which I
    quote: "If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000
    troops in
    the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, and a total
    of 2112
    deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers.
    >
    > The firearm death rate in Washington , DC is 80.6 per 100,000 for the
    same
    period. That means you are about 25 per cent more likely to be shot and
    killed
    in the US capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in
    the US ,
    than you are in Iraq .
    >
    > Conclusion? The US should pull out of Washington ."
    We could donate DC to all of the politicians and let them bask in their own glory. While the rest of the country went about our business.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    We could donate DC to all of the politicians and let them bask in their own glory. While the rest of the country went about our business.
    sounds like a plan to me. let them have it.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Creswell, Oregon
    Posts
    3,865
    Their must be some mistake, guns are not aloud in Washington DC.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Their must be some mistake, guns are not aloud in Washington DC.
    Thats what I thought too

  7. This has been going around for several years, but is still true and funny....or maybe a little sick.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast