Persons On Terrorist Watch List Allowed To Buy Guns

Thread: Persons On Terrorist Watch List Allowed To Buy Guns

Persons On Terrorist Watch List Allowed To Buy Guns

Could the government actually be following the law? Some on the watch list are allowed to buy guns because there's no cause to deny them.

People on terrorist watch list allowed to buy guns - CNN.com

Here's a good article on why being on this list is not a good reason to deny purchase of a firearm. Remember also that anyone of us could be placed on that list.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : Terrorists Buying Guns?

Most of us that post on this forum could meet their criteria for one reason or another.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

"Yes, hello, FBI? I have some confidential information on a terrorist operating on American soil. I've overheard on numerous ocassions one Frank Raleigh Lautenberg of Clliffside, New Jersey making terroristic threats against the people of the United States of America. I really think you should put his name on your Terrorist Watch List."
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

SAN FRANCISCO, California (CNN) -- James Robinson is a retired Air National Guard brigadier general and a commercial pilot for a major airline who flies passenger planes around the country.

James Robinson is a retired brigadier general and a commercial pilot. His name is on the terrorist "watch list."

He has even been certified by the Transportation Security Administration to carry a weapon into the cockpit as part of the government's defense program should a terrorist try to commandeer a plane.

But there's one problem: James Robinson, the pilot, has difficulty even getting to his plane because his name is on the government's terrorist "watch list."

That means he can't use an airport kiosk to check in; he can't do it online; he can't do it curbside. Instead, like thousands of Americans whose names match a name or alias used by a suspected terrorist on the list, he must go to the ticket counter and have an agent verify that he is James Robinson, the pilot, and not James Robinson, the terrorist.

"Shocking's a good word; frustrating," Robinson -- the pilot -- said. "I'm carrying a weapon, flying a multimillion-dollar jet with passengers, but I'm still screened as, you know, on the terrorist watch list."

So there are many people whose names appear on this list erroneously. Why should someone be denied a gun permit because someone else with the same name is on the list?
    Airline captain, lawyer, child on terror 'watch list' - CNN.com

'Nuff said! Read the rest of the article. As stated, pretty soon, all of us will be on this list. Just because we share our name with someone else.
    -= Piece Corps =-

The watch list is another example of the DHS doing "something" to provide the appearance of security. Just my opinion after 10 years in the airline industry.

8. Census

Do you think the Census 2010 push is being designed to put CCW citizens on that list?

If you don't answer your Census questions, like 'what time do you leave for work down to the minute?' and 'are you feeling overly stressed right now?', there is a $5,000 fine. But I wonder if there are further retributions planned for us, like getting our CCW pulled for being put on this 'bad citizen' list for not answering these overly invasive questions.

I'm sure since Acorn, or COI, is involved in the Census this year, they'd be more than happy to provide our names.

Quote Originally Posted by DebS View Post
    Do you think the Census 2010 push is being designed to put CCW citizens on that list?

If you don't answer your Census questions, like 'what time do you leave for work down to the minute?' and 'are you feeling overly stressed right now?', there is a $5,000 fine. But I wonder if there are further retributions planned for us, like getting our CCW pulled for being put on this 'bad citizen' list for not answering these overly invasive questions.

I'm sure since Acorn, or COI, is involved in the Census this year, they'd be more than happy to provide our names.
    I will not answer the CENSUS report questions. I will simply state No Habla Espansol.