Filibuster Proof Majority Obtained
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filibuster Proof Majority Obtained

Filibuster Proof Majority Obtained

Looks like Franken will become the next Senator thus giving the Dems a filibuster proof majority.

Coleman concedes Minnesota Senate race after court decision - CNN.com

Time to Boycott Minnesota! If they can elect an idiot like Franken I don't want be anywhere near that state and if it's made there I won't buy it. The whole process in that election was a sham!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Time to Boycott Minnesota! If they can elect an idiot like Franken I don't want be anywhere near that state and if it's made there I won't buy it. The whole process in that election was a sham!
    Let's not forget that this is the same state that elected a former pro wrestler (James George Janos, aka Jesse "The Body" Ventura) as its governor in 1998. I would have expected characters like these to win in a place like PRCA or PRNY, but not Minnesota!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

The next two to three years, I fear, have the significantly vast potential for turning our Nation into a frightful mess...
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    The next two to three years, I fear, have the significantly vast potential for turning our Nation into a frightful mess...
    Truth be known I think we are already in a frightful mess but it will get worse.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7. It's not that hard to win when you have Acorn backing you up and dead folks voting for you.

Sadly, I think we're done, stick a fork in us.

we're screwed
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Its not filibuster proof, because they are counting independents, that typically, but not always vote with the democrats...

They still do not have 60 Democrat seats in the Senate...

Our real problem is the 8 RINO'S that have been selling us out this year...

IF we keep pressure on the 8 RINO'S and all our representatives in the house and senators in the senate; regardless of party, we can achieve some measure of success, until the 2010 and 2012 elections when we can clean house...

We can not lay down, because the media is telling us its over...

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    ...Truth be known I think we are already in a frightful mess but it will get worse.

I caught a show on the History International channel last night about the life stories of Boone and Crockett. Great educational piece; but, I was particularly encouraged by the bio on Crockett in light of our online conversation. Crockett was an honest man who served his constituents while in Congress with great integrity. To his dislike, he found the politics in Washington to be immoral and full of deceitful practices. Seemingly, they were as distasteful in the early 1800’s as they are in this present day! He fought tirelessly against corrupt politicians and the “immoral agendas” they proposed.

Crockett is recorded as giving the "Not Yours to Give" speech, critical of his Congressional colleagues who were willing to spend taxpayer dollars to help a widow of a US Navy man who had lived beyond his naval service, but would not contribute their own salary for a week to the cause. (Source)

It seems even in 1821 Congress was quick and free spending our money—but, not as willing with their own! Same is still very true today! Eventually, the Washington elite financed an opponent who would defeat Crockett at the polls, effectively kicking him out of Washington for good.

I was encouraged by Crockett’s words and the reminder that politics in Washington have always been a mess! Man has generally always made a mess of things with regards to government! BUT, I do believe in all of history, the United States has been the greatest attempt at providing a fair and just rule of a people. BUT, in the end—as long as people are doing the decision making, you’re likely gonna find that human flaws will always result in great potential for MESS!

With that in mind—I think WE THE PEOPLE have to keep letting our voices be heard and asserting our will over our representatives in Washington. BE INVOLVED IN NATIONAL, STATE AND LOCAL POLITICS. Be common sense and proactive. There are still good men and women who serve in Washington. Let’s be quick to rally around those good candidates—and equally as quick to vote out the scoundrels! Don’t believe as gospel what the media has to say! Do your own thinking. And stay positive!

Americans have an incredibly rich heritage worth preserving—a way of life many have given their very lives to protect—it is uniquely ours to safeguard!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

11. Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post

HE WAS NOT ELECTED. The election was about as fair as Iran's, Franken got in with more votes than voters. They kept recounting until they got the result they wanted.

Anyway, we are doomed. Universal sufferage will always result in the masses voting themselves more and more from the productive few until the productive few can no longer support them. So long as there is universal sufferage, the poor will bankrupt the nation. Our Founding Fathers knew this and placed restrictions on voting to land owners (successful people with ties to their communities and a vested interest in seeing them prosper). I prefer Heinlein's ideals, or maybe a combination of the two....

Anyway, all we can do is prepare for the inevitable (which for all I know is hundreds of years away, but I really believe it will be in the next decade) and figure a way to bring the best forward, built out of the ashes :-(
    Rough times ahead folks... :-(
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast