Thread: 2010

Exclamation 2010

We all need to look at 2010 and make the best choices we can. I would ask that we look at the NRA rating for each candidate and then the track record for voting. We need to lose every last cap and trade bozo and those that are going to or have in the past gone after the Second Amendment. We need to vote out of office and fire every @$$ clown in DC that is nothing more than an overpaid welfare recipient!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Well put, Sir.. We have to start paying attention the the State and Locals now and not to wait till 2k10. We have to make their views known early... We have a lot of work to do!
    Semper Fi

I would like to think the insanity that now IS our American Gov't will serve as a wake-up call to a lot of voters, Red and Blue alike. And I agree, come 2010 "we the people" need to do our part in correcting this madness.

I'm thinking of relocating to Chicago just so I can vote like 37 times....
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

5. GOA Ratings

I have found the GOA's ratings for both the State Senate and House to be very accurate.

In North Carolina, for example, we have Senator Burr voting for us, but it just ends up cancelling out Hagans awful votes. But we know exactly who they are, as well as committee leaders and members and who will and won't be voted for.
    NRA Lifetime Member

“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.” Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    ... "we the people" need to do our part in correcting this madness!

Agreed! WE THE PEOPLE must be vigil, keeping watch over what's happening in Washington as well as in State and local matters. We must be vocal in expressing our opinions (FOR or AGAINST legislation), exerting OUR WILL and shaping policy!

We also need to demand candidates who will serve well and faithfully once elected, preserving and protecting the Constitution. Candidates who understand that the job of government is not to play nurse maid to every man, woman and child! We need less governmental intrusion into our lives—not more! Government is there to protect our access to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness!

Let’s demand candidates who hold steadfastly to these truths… rather than just accept whatever candidates the parties happen to back! No more “lesser of two evils” choices to be made!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Every election season I see many similar such calls to get out the vote. Unfortunately, in 2010, just like all other election years, the composition of the House and Senate will be largely unchanged. And, just like right now, the political climate will probably continue to favor the Democratic Party. Let's not be surprised if another AWB gets signed this year. I don't expect it next year, because it's an election year, and if history has taught the Democrats anything, it's that major gun control legislation should never be introduced during an election year.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Every election season I see many similar such calls to get out the vote. Unfortunately, in 2010, just like all other election years, the composition of the House and Senate will be largely unchanged. And, just like right now, the political climate will probably continue to favor the Democratic Party. Let's not be surprised if another AWB gets signed this year. I don't expect it next year, because it's an election year, and if history has taught the Democrats anything, it's that major gun control legislation should never be introduced during an election year.
    The only way we can get change is to vote those whom are bad for our cause out. Hopefully the rest of the nation follows suit. I know here in PRMA, I am fighting a loosing battle, hopefully more and more people vote.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by DebS View Post
    I have found the GOA's ratings for both the State Senate and House to be very accurate.

In North Carolina, for example, we have Senator Burr voting for us, but it just ends up cancelling out Hagans awful votes. But we know exactly who they are, as well as committee leaders and members and who will and won't be voted for.
    They certainly have it right for Nevada...
    Prince Harry Reid F Rated By Gun Owners of America! (Up For Re-Election Next Year 2010!) STOP HARRY REID IN 2010
    John Ensign A Rated By Gun Owners of America!
    Dina Titus Has no rating...
    My Rating of Dina Titus is F- she like most of the newly elected Democrats in congress rode in the the coattails of the Usurper Obama...