Ted Nugent - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by Huklberyhound View Post
    We just had this discussion tonight, and it sounded almost identical. The scared of guns person (not anti gun) said that he enjoyed my perspective and aggreed completely with it. The conversation didn't start with him feelin that way somaybe this was the beginning of his independence!! He did end up with a mossberg in his hands and he very much liked! I think we can chalk this one up as a good day.
    We had a discussion at a party last night as well, but I don't think it went as well.. One of my motorcycle friends showed up to the party, and a little later on, they realized that they lost their .22 pistol out of their boot. I caught his wife with a flashlight looking for something and eventually figured out what they were looking for. Eventually everyone at the party knew.. There were several comments about why would someone bring a gun to a nice party like this (mostly church people at the party)..
    Without going down the path of that question, because there are two sides.., A couple of people talked about how they were as you put it - (scared of guns people) - My wife started blabbing about guns and this and that.. I had to have a talk with her on the way home...
    I generally don't talk about guns with people, unless I know they are gun people, or are curious..
    I don't want people that I hang out with to be all weirded out by me, or anyone else, because we may or may not have a gun. I try to keep it on a "need to know basis".
    I don't want friends to stop hanging out with me, and I don't want word of mouth leading to someone breaking into my home to steal my guns...
    So I'm glad the above conversation went well and Huk that you can express your beliefs in a way that makes people comfortable - keep up the good work.. I would do the same in some circumstances, and have in the past.

BTW - interesting end to the story.. Another motorcyclist that came in with my friend, once he found out the gun was missing, stated that he saw something fall from his bike a few blocks back while they were riding in.. a few minutes later, a kid of someone at the party called in and stated that he found a gun on the street and turned it into the police..
    Now what's the chances that someone at our 20 person party would find the gun at a big, small town 4th of July night. With the thousands of people that showed up, someone from our party found the gun on the street, and they didn't even know it was missing.. (sounds like a God thing to me!!!)

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    My wife started blabbing about guns and this and that.. I had to have a talk with her on the way home...
    I generally don't talk about guns with people, unless I know they are gun people, or are curious..
    I don't want people that I hang out with to be all weirded out by me, or anyone else, because we may or may not have a gun. I try to keep it on a "need to know basis".
    I don't want friends to stop hanging out with me, and I don't want word of mouth leading to someone breaking into my home to steal my guns...

Interesting point you bring up here.. Shouldn't it be us gun owners that are weired out, as you say, by people not understanding or wanting to own guns, or that they take issue with it? I think that shows a shift in our cultural thinking. I am pretty sure there was a time, not too far past, that the reverse would be more true than not.

I can also understand not wanting someone to know one ownes something out of fear of it getting stolen, but, statistically, if we are to believe NRA and other pro firearms statistics, the fact that someone knows you own a firearm means that they will be less likely to come to your house out of fear of leaving it in a body bag.

I could be wrong, but that just kinda caught me as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerfan.64 View Post
    what amazes me is that this common sense approach is lost on so many people. Its only logic. Why cant our representatives figure this out ?
    Not to hijack the thread with yet another article, but I ran across this yesterday and think it may shed some light onto that question, the first part about the Sullivan Act. Of course the whole article is a good read, and relatively short.

Gun control: What is the agenda?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12