Join me in celebrating this day, July 4 — Americas Independence Day!

Thread: Join me in celebrating this day, July 4 — Americas Independence Day!

Post Join me in celebrating this day, July 4 — Americas Independence Day!

What arrogance that these colonists, little more than farmers, would posit themselves more important than the Empire.” A sentiment many loyal to the Crown held during the period of the late 1700’s—a time when ordinary people, these American colonists, lay claim to the right to make their own decisions about their own lives. Americans had tasted true freedom and were no longer satisfied to exchange liberty for the sake of security. The unfair practices of the Crown stirred in these farmers a strong desire to protect and preserve the freedoms they had come to know in the New World. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, was now understood to be the fundamental right of all. Out of this was birthed the American Revolution.

King George III, having heard these American cries for freedom, answered, saying, “The die is now cast. The colonies must either submit or triumph. I trust they will come to submit.”

But submit they did not! For these simple farmers rightly understood that submission meant giving up freedom. The words of Patrick Henry gave form to the sentiment stirred in these Americans: “… the war is actually begun. Why stand we here idle? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others might take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

The course was set. A mighty undertaking, the outcome of which was by no means certain—lives and fortunes risked. Individual freedom and liberty verses Empire and the will of the Crown. A group of ragtag farmers, an untrained militia verses the super power of the day—trained professional soldiers. An American Navy that consisted of eight small vessels against 270 British warships.

The world watched to see if the insolent Yankees could vanquish the professional redcoats—to see if the American “David” could stand against the British “Goliath.”

Well… you know the outcome. Freedom and liberty prevailed. It did not come cheaply. Many lives were given to the cause. And since that period, many lives more have been given fighting for the cause of right.

Yes. I did say the cause of right. That is our heritage. A commitment to freedom so strong we’re willing to give our very lives that others might live freely. That commitment demonstrated time and again, the two greatest examples having been our involvement in World Wars I and II.

My fellow Americans, I humbly submit to you today, that this fight for liberty is not over. An enemy is at work today who would work tirelessly to see America weakened, morally bankrupt and directionless. These enemies are great in number. They attack both from within and from without. We must not fail in our recognition of these dangers so evident at our door and within this very house.

I urge you to join the Revolution begun in the late 1700’s. Be counted among the Patriots of old who stood one at a time to voice their commitment to the cause of liberty and freedom. Speak up and let your voice be heard in this day as well! You may feel you are one sole voice casting rocks at a fortified stone wall. But you do not stand alone. You join the ranks of countless patriots who have gone before you. You stand among the ranks of patriots in this modern day who are working tirelessly to preserve and protect the American heritage, this uniquely American way of life!

Exercise your freedom of speech that’s guaranteed by the 1st Amendment, and let your voice be heard in Washington! Practice this freedom as often as you do your right to bear arms (that's guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment)! Let us be vigil to fight against any legislation or any politician who would work to alter or destroy the United States of America. Let us work tirelessly to preserve and protect our United States Constitution and the Amendments that so guarantee our rights and freedoms. Let us work tirelessly to see the scoundrel politicians removed from their office and replace them with truer patriots.

GOD bless you and yours on this 4th of July—and GOD bless America!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Birthy Hapday USA ...

...and many more!

Good read. the following point should also be remembered as we celebrate July 4.

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, "Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?" With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, "A republic, if you can keep it."

Remember this is a republic not a democracy.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

and let there be many more independence days to celebrate!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!