Steve McNair Killed By The Second Amendment?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steve McNair Killed By The Second Amendment?

Steve McNair Killed By The Second Amendment?

It seems it was "America's gun culture" that killed McNair and not a murderer, at least that's what some seem to believe. This author does a good job of debunking an argument of that nature.

Steve McNair: Killed by 2nd Amendment?

Once again

Once again the anti-gun people to including the biased media is running on fear and ignorance. Always seems to be the path of least resistance when it comes to actually trying to understand what the 2nd Amendment says. Ignorance because the 2nd Amendment can't kill you. They are afraid to find out that they have been wrong all these years so they just close their minds and ban whatever they don't want to deal with. Ignorance on the other hand will get you killed. Go figure.
    Last edited by redboneshadow; 07-08-2009 at 12:19 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Ignorance and a pissed off girlfriend are far more deadly...

And I believe you're exactly right. The "masses" that are spoon-fed what/when & how to think remain in the dark for the reasons you specified. Many don't even have a clue what or why they believe the way they do. Fear of the unknown coupled with a fear of learning you've been wrong all your life...

Yeah... "guns are evil" is so much easier than accountability, responsibility and moral fortitude.

Just wait until people begin waking up to realize "global warming" and all these measures to reduce it are as phoney as BO's birth certificate.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

"[McNair] is the 36th homicide victim in Nashville this year. That is down from 41 at the same time last year," Lupica writes. "Only in a country of gun lovers is that considered progress."
    Only in a country where freedom still lives, because of our Constitution, is that considered FREEDOM! Only in a country where the citizens have a right given them by the Founding Fathers to arm and protect themselves can we enjoy freedom.

As the article said, look at D.C., where there is a total ban on guns, and it's arguably the murder capital of the nation, too.
    -= Piece Corps =-

Good article. However, I'm wondering where the author got the statistic about more children being killed playing football than are killed by firearms.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

The police just determined the shooter was the girlfriend. Murder-suicide.

I'm thinking, no DUH, but kudos to them for being thorough. I would guess because the girlfriend shot herself in the head (very atypical for a female suicide shooter to "mess up their face" ) they delayed determining details. The lab took awhile to determine GSR on her hands though... that could have been done in seconds. Interesting, and unfortunate. Married guys and their girlfriends. Stupid should hurt.

My sympathies to the wife and 4 kids.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

According to the report he was shot in the right temple, twice in the chest, then the left temple while aspleep on the couch. Sick *****...

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Good article. However, I'm wondering where the author got the statistic about more children being killed playing football than are killed by firearms.
    I was thinking the same thing. Would be good to see where the facts came from. Overall awesome article. I love how people like to blame objects and our culture for a murder. If she didn't have access to a firearm I am sure she would have used a knife or some other sick way. She shot him 4 times.... clearly she was out to kill him not just "hurt" him or some other sick thought. Bottom line....guns don't kill people....people kill people.
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    You can interpret stats to show anything you want to but this one seems a little off. I would like to see where that one comes from. When you start quoting stuff that you can't back up with facts you loose your credibility.

I really think more were killed byt firearms than this article is quoting even if it is several years old.

ESPN.com: GEN - Football deaths down in 2002, with 15 nationwide

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. -- Fifteen football players died in the United States last year -- down from 23 in 2001 -- and none of the deaths was from heatstroke, according to an annual study.

Five died in 2002 after on-field head injuries, according to the study released Friday by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Three of those five were in high school, one was in youth football and one in a semipro league.

The other 10 died from natural causes not directly tied to the game but provoked by vigorous exercise, such as asthma or heart problems, according to the study.

The study reported that about 1.5 million junior high school and high school students play football in the United States. Colleges and universities field about 75,000 players.

Researchers were surprised at the lack of heatstroke deaths last year. The number of heatstroke deaths among football players had climbed in recent years, from 13 in the entire decade of the 1980s to 15 in the 1990s and seven in 2000 and 2001 combined.

"We have been concerned because heat-related deaths are either entirely or almost entirely avoidable," said Dr. Frederick Mueller, a professor and chairman of physical education, exercise and sport science at UNC-Chapel Hill.

"Fatalities like these often meant someone forgot to emphasize or practice what we and others have been reminding coaches and trainers about for years -- that players should get all the water they want in practice and have frequent cooling-off breaks to prevent these tragedies."

Mueller, chairman of the American Football Coaches' Committee of Football Injuries, directs the UNC-based National Center for Catastrophic Sports Injuries. The center produces annual reports on deaths and severe injuries from amateur and professional sports.

This is a pretty good read when people start talking about guns kill people so do video games. A couple of these death can be closely related to actually playing video games but some are just crazy and sad.

The Top 10 Deaths Caused by Video Games

The Top 10 Deaths Caused by Video Games

For starters.

10. Korean Killed by Starcraft (2005)

Starcraft is an online multiplayer game in which you command a fleet of space warriors and are plunged into battle with other legions of warriors controlled by other real people. It’s so popular that professional gamers (yes, they actually exist) can make upward of $100,000 a year playing this game. It’s an extremely addicting game and, when the man identified only as “Lee” succumbed to death, authorities said that it was because of “heart failure stemming from exhaustion.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast