Do You Want Sotomayer To Be Confirmed? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do You Want Sotomayer To Be Confirmed?

Unhappy Michigan's notsodynamic dual

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    Your Choice:

Better start calling, faxing, snail mailing and other wise hounding your U.S. Senators regardless of party...~~~
    Well Bo, since you brought it up about writing.... Maybe this is a little off topic..

July 6, 2009

Mr. Ricbak
    xxxx Wxxxx xx
    Xxxxxxxxx,Xx, xxxxx

Dear ricbak,

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to be an Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.

As you know, President Obama nominated Judge Sonia Sotomayor to become the next Associate Justice of the Supreme Court on May 26, 2009. Judge Sotomayor has served on the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit for the last 11 years. Before she was promoted to the Second Circuit, she was appointed to the District Court of Southern New York by President George H.W. Bush.

The Senate is charged by the Constitution with an "advice and consent" role in the appointment process, which ensures that all nominations made by the President are thoroughly reviewed. I take this Constitutional mandate very seriously, as do my colleagues. While I understand your concerns, I met with Judge Sotomayor and found her to be extremely qualified and committed to reaching impartial decisions based on the law without political bias. I believe she has the qualifications and the temperament to be an excellent Supreme Court Justice, and I intend to support her nomination.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please continue to keep me informed about issues of concern to you and your family.

Sincerely,
    Debbie Stabenow
    United States Senator

U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow

The United States Senate • Washington, DC 20510
    stabenow.senate.gov
    And then This:
    Dear Mr. Bak July 9, 2009

Thank you for contacting me regarding the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor to fill the vacancy created on the United States Supreme Court by the retirement of Associate Justice David Souter. I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this very important matter.

Article II of the Constitution gives the President the authority to nominate individuals to the Supreme Court and to other federal courts, and it gives the Senate the important responsibility of carefully evaluating judicial nominees and exercising independent judgment in deciding whether or not to confirm them. The Senate’s constitutional obligation to advise and consent on the President's nominations to the federal judiciary is particularly important given these are lifetime positions.

Judge Sotomayor has served on the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit for the past 11 years. From 1992 to 1998, she served on the District Court for the Southern District of New York. She was nominated to the District Court by President George H.W. Bush and was subsequently confirmed by the Senate. If confirmed, she would replace Associate Justice Souter as the only Supreme Court Justice with experience as a trial Judge.

Supreme Court Justices make decisions that directly affect the lives of all Americans. The Senate’s constitutional role to ‘advise and consent’ is very important, and I take this responsibility seriously. Currently, I am reviewing Judge Sotomayor’s record and will closely follow her confirmation hearings before the Senate Judiciary Committee before reaching a decision on her nomination.

Thank you again for contacting me.

Sincerely,
    Carl Levin
    Semper Fi

I do not think it is off topic that Michigan "F" Rated Senator "Debbie Stabenow" or "F" Rated Michigan Senator "Carl Levin" supports the Usurpers pick for the Supreme Court...
    GOA Senate Ratings For The 111th Congress

Perhaps you can provide some additional facts to them that their support of the Anti-Constitutional Sonia Sotomayor is unfounded, and risks their bid for re-election...

Or that 6 out of 7 of Sonia Sotomayor's cases to-date appealed to the Supreme Court, were overturned by the very court she has been nominated to...

Or that there is not a sitting judge in the country that is to the left of Sonia Sotomayor...

Obama Picks Anti-gun Judge for the Supreme Court

GOA Applauds Call to Action on Judge Sotomayor from NRA's Past President

SAF Press Release :: SOTOMAYOR NOMINATION AN OBAMA SLAP AT SECOND AMENDMENT

Sotomayor's Gun Control Positions Could Prompt Conservative Backlash - Political News - FOXNews.com

Sotomayor and the Second Amendment | SCOTUSblog

The Volokh Conspiracy - Sonia Sotomayor versus the Second Amendment:

NRA-ILA :: Sotomayor guns for the Second Amendment

Paul Broun : Judge Sotomayor and the Second Amendment - Townhall.com

How Sotomayor's confirmation can be stopped

Limbaugh: Obama's judicial pick a 'racist'

Sonia Sotomayor 'La Raza member'

Brady Campaign endorses, applauds the Usurper Obama's nomination of Sonia Sotomayor:
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men.

Second set of note sent

Thanks you Sir, Good Stuff....
    Mr Levin is a well known supporter of the AWB. He has earned his "F" Rating. Ms Stab_menow.... Well... "F"
    I did send out a second quick note to the 2 of them...
    Briefly:
    I understand that the Senate Confirmation Hearings are starting this coming week for Judge Sotomayor.
    I believe that this candidate is a bad choice for SCOTUS. She has had 6 of her "Ruling" overturned by the very court she is being nominated to. She is a member or former member of National Council of La Raza. Ms Sotomayor's anti gun, anti 2A believes are well documented. There are polls, some not so scientific, the show public support for this candidate as less that 30%.
    Again I urge you to vote no on Ms Sotomayor's confirmation.
    Semper Fi

Do you want Sotomayor to be confirmed? Results
    Q. In a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released just before the start of the Supreme Court nominee's confirmation hearings, 47 percent of people questioned would like to see the Senate vote in favor, with 40 percent opposed and 13 percent unsure.

Where do you stand? Do you want Sotomayor to be confirmed?

Yes. Sotomayor would be a strong addition to the court. 27%
    No. Sotomayor would be a detrimental addition to the court. 70%
    Not sure/No opinion. 2%

82524 votes

As of today Sat. July 11

Knighted4

6. Sotomayor? I'd rather have a stick in the eye.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12