Sotomayor Takes Axe to Second Amendment - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sotomayor Takes Axe to Second Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but no amount of letter writing and calling will prevent Sonia Sotomayor from being confirmed. The only thing I think Republicans could do is, on the day the up and down floor vote is scheduled, not show up and try to convince 10 Democrats not to show up, that way there won't be a quorum available. Since the odds of that happening are next to none, say hi to future Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor. I don't like it any more than you guys, but unfortunately, there's no stopping this one.
    I would be surprised if you could find 10 republicans with enough backbone to not show up.

This supreme court candidate, like other liberals, do not believe in individual rights not given by man, but given by the creator. The leftist agenda is that all rights are collective and could be given or taken by the will of politicians or by judicial activism. Sodomayer is just one judicial activist replacing another in John Stevens, another disgrace to the office in which he held. The court will have the same balance after Sodomayer as before. It appears that we still have five justices that realize their main function in defending the constitution and not revise it without proper procedure.
    Sodomayer supporters claim she has vast experience. In reality the only experience she has is having her decisions overturned by a higher court.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    This supreme court candidate, like other liberals, do not believe in individual rights not given by man, but given by the creator. The leftist agenda is that all rights are collective and could be given or taken by the will of politicians or by judicial activism. Sodomayer is just one judicial activist replacing another in John Stevens, another disgrace to the office in which he held. The court will have the same balance after Sodomayer as before. It appears that we still have five justices that realize their main function in defending the constitution and not revise it without proper procedure.
    Sodomayer supporters claim she has vast experience. In reality the only experience she has is having her decisions overturned by a higher court.
    Sotomayor's record clearly demonstrates that she is far more liberal then the Justice she has been nominated to replace "Justice David Souter"...

As I have itemized many many times in this thread and others; there is nobody more to the left of Sotomayor...

The top 4 Second Amendment lobbyists in the Country all agree...
    GOA
    NRA
    SAF
    JPFO

OPPOSE SOTOMAYOR!

When it comes to the PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY of a Supreme Court Justice... is to apply the Constitution to laws passed by Congress, and to determine its constitutionality...

NO SCOTUS nominee in history has a more miserable record on the Constitution and the Second Amendment then Sotomayor!
    9 out of 10 of her rulings heard before the very court she has been nominated to have been overturned!

We the people can not fire her once confirmed...
    ITS A LIFETIME POSITION...
    Historically most SCOTUS Justices have died in office after decades on the Bench...

Sotomayor's own colleagues call her a terror and a tyrant on the bench...

We must be proactive...

"IF we do nothing we can only say we did nothing" - George Washington

Senate Judiciary Committee

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

NRA-ILA :: Action Center

It appears we will be very busy in the coming years. Obama will be replacing Justices Stevens and Ginsberg in all probabllity. As long as we have the misfortune of having a one party vast majority, the prospect of getting Sotomayer cloans is almost assured. In the meantime, pray that nothing happens to the tenure of any of the five supreme court justices that still believe in upholding and not rewriting the constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post

... In the meantime, pray that nothing happens to the tenure of any of the five supreme court justices that still believe in upholding and not rewriting the constitution.

Agreed!!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Now that the "Hearings" dog n pony show is over, I sent a fourth letter to the Michigan notsodymanic dual. I made it clear that this SCOTUS Nominee deserves a NO vote from Michigan.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    Tatted... dude... you telling me you'd rather just accept the outcome without at least letting your voice be heard?! It took me all of 2 minutes to go to the GOA Legislative website, edit a note and send emails to my Florida and Texas Senators.

This is the kind of thinking that has resulted in the political mess we are currently in—too many people not wanting to be inconvenienced by doing their “WE THE PEOPLE” duties! If WE don't speak up and at least attempt to exert our will over our representatives, who will we have to blame but ourselves when we lose our liberty and security?!

WE ALL need to write our representatives! It may not change the outcome—but, WE THE PEOPLE had better awaken from this slumber and start kicking and screaming and acting in a manner that demonstrates we still give a crap about what Washington is doing!!
    Not saying that at all. However, I also know that the only people to whom our politicians ever really listen are the ones who donate to their campaigns (ie., interest groups, lobbyists, rich people, and corporations). Anyone who doesn't fit into any of the aforementioned categories and believes that that writing or calling will accomplish anything is completely delusional.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

... anyone who believes that writing or calling will accomplish anything is completely delusional.
    Does that also apply to voting? It is equally delusional to think that voting on Election Day will make a difference?

I would encourage you to kick and scream and let your voice be heard in Washington. Do it via email, writing letters, making phone calls… and yes… even VOTING!
    Blessed be my God, my mountain, who trains me to fight fair and well! Psalm 144 (msg)
    ...follow me at twitter.com/matthewaynelson

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    Does that also apply to voting? It is equally delusional to think that voting on Election Day will make a difference?

I would encourage you to kick and scream and let your voice be heard in Washington. Do it via email, writing letters, making phone calls… and yes… even VOTING!
    No it doesn't also apply to voting. Voting for the right candidate is more likely to get results than writing letters.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

... (your continued pessimism, defeatism etc)...
    NRA:
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...eme-court.html

GOA:
    Obama Picks Anti-gun Judge for the Supreme Court

SAF:
    SAF Press Release :: SOTOMAYOR NOMINATION AN OBAMA SLAP AT SECOND AMENDMENT

David Kopel - Sonia Sotomayor versus the Second Amendment:
    [Volokh] David Kopel: Sonia Sotomayor versus the Second Amendment

David Kopel - Sotomayor vs. the Second Amendment, Part II:
    [Volokh] David Kopel: Sotomayor vs. the Second Amendment, Part II:

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Senate Judiciary Committee

NRA-ILA :: Action Center

"IF we do nothing, we can only say we did nothing" - George Washington

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Pat Leahy (D-VT) Sets date for Tuesday July 21st, 2009 confirming Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor

http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/gen...contacting.htm

Call the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request.

IT IS IMPERATIVE that Regardless of the methods you have contacted your two Senators thus far, regarding Sotomayor we all need to CALL them, every day, asking them to oppose any support of Sotomayor until Sotomayor is denied or confirmed to her LIFETIME position to INFRINGE on the Second Amendment and the constitution...
    Further, that we ask anybody that we know that values what Constitutional rights we still have intact to do the same and OPPOSE THE SOTOMAYOR CONFIRMATION!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast