Retired general, lieutenant colonel join reservist’s lawsuit over Obama's birth statu
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Retired general, lieutenant colonel join reservist’s lawsuit over Obama's birth statu

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    3,098

    Exclamation Retired general, lieutenant colonel join reservist’s lawsuit over Obama's birth statu

    Retired general, lieutenant colonel join reservist’s lawsuit over Obama's birth status
    General, lieutenant colonel join suit similar to 2 already thrown out
    Retired general, lieutenant colonel join reservist’s lawsuit over Obama's birth status - News - Ledger-Enquirer.com
    By Lily Gordon - [email protected]
    Add to My Yahoo!
    Bookmark and Share
    email this story to a friend E-Mail print story Print
    Comments (174) | Recommend (16)
    Text Size:
    tool name
    close
    tool goes here

    A controversial suit brought by a U.S. Army reservist has been joined by a retired Army two-star general and an active reserve Air Force lieutenant colonel.

    Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook filed the suit July 8 in federal court here asking for conscientious objector status and a preliminary injunction based upon his belief that President Barack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as president of the United States and commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

    However, before the issue got to court, Cook’s orders to deploy to Afghanistan were revoked. Lt. Col. Maria Quon, a public affairs officer with the U.S. Army Human Resources Command-St. Louis, said Tuesday that Cook was no longer expected to report Wednesday to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for mobilization to active duty. Cook, who claims he is now the victim of retaliation due to his suit, received his mobilization orders to report for active duty at MacDill on Wednesday. From there, he was to go to Fort Benning on Saturday for deployment to Afghanistan.

    * March 2009 dismissal of complaint
    * October 2008 dismissal of complaint
    * Soldier balks at deploying; says Obama isn’t president
    * Soldier who says Obama isn't president doesn't have to deploy, Army says

    Cook is an Individual Mobilization Augmentee. This means he’s a reserve soldier assigned to an active component unit consisting of active duty soldiers instead of a reserve unit, which is composed entirely of reserve soldiers. He is assigned to the U.S. Army Element of U.S. Southern Command.

    Last week, Cook filed a request in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector represented by California attorney Orly Taitz.

    The government, in its response to the suit, claims that Cook’s suit is “moot” in that he already has been told he doesn’t have to go to Afghanistan, so the relief he is seeking has been granted.

    “The Commanding General of SOCCENT (U.S. Special Operations Central Command) has determined that he does not want the services of Major Cook, and has revoked his deployment orders,” the response states.

    In a pleading revised after the revocation of Cook’s orders, Taitz argues that the application for preliminary injunction is not moot and that retired Maj. Gen. Carol Dean Childers and active U.S. Air Force reservist Lt. Col. David Earl Graeff have joined the suit “because it is a matter of unparalleled public interest and importance and because it is clearly a matter arising from issues of a recurring nature that will escape review unless the Court exercises its discretionary jurisdiction.”

    Cook’s resubmitted Application for Preliminary Injunction is meant to encompass the possibility of Cook receiving future orders for deployment as well as to address and prevent “negative collateral consequences such as retaliation against Major Stefan Frederick Cook ...”

    As to the retaliation issue, the revised suit states Cook lost his job at Simtech Inc., a corporation that does Department of Defense contracting in the field of information technology/systems integration, because of the suit. It also states that Cook has been subjected to “gossip” from people who believed Cook was “manipulating his deployment orders to create a platform for political purposes.”

    Taitz, who has challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed the original suit with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. Two similar suits have previously been thrown out of federal court.

    In the filing, Cook states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. … simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”

    A hearing to discuss Cook’s requests is scheduled to take place in federal court here this morning at 9:30 a.m.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

  2.   
  3. Liberal Media

    Until the liberal media agrees to report the news on a leveil playing field this newsstory will remain covered up. Call it whatever you want the obanna conspiracy is in place and working at a fevered pitch to keep all truth from the American public.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast