Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
Those powers not specifically given to the federal government belong to the states, the national CCW died in part due to the rights of the states to regulate their own jurisdiction, and any federal law would have been a blatant attempt to supersede those rights, so now they are saying that the states do not have those rights that they fought to defend so shortly ago....

UG government speak with forked tounge....
The Tenth Amendment:
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

A quick review of what that means...

The Second Amendment ALREADY prohibits the Fed or the States or any other municipality from Infringement of the unalienable pre-existing right to keep and bear arms...

The right to bear arms is not constrained to open or concealed carry, or that you do not have the inherent right to defend your life, or that of your friends, family, neighbors, fellow citizens, etc., by any means necessary, be it a pair of clubs with a chain between them or a bazooka, any place, any time; but thus far most of the states have usurped power to say it is...

The post-reconstruction 14th Amendment gave the fed the right to intervene and make things equal when laws were enacted between states that were radically different from one another...
Basically rights and or privileges by zip code...

That being said, I see the nationwide ccw reciprocity initiative as a 14th amendment way to make things equal between the states...
the one that sadly recently failed; while not perfect, it would have been a vast improvement on the way things are today, interstate CCW wise...

Much of what is in the reconstruction and post-reconstruction amendments are in direct contradiction to the Constitution as it was written and intended by our founding fathers, and in my view began the intentional ambiguity of the Constitution by Congress and the Supreme Court...

It is further my opinion, that more weight must be given to the first 12 Amendments and the Declaration of Independence, and related documents actually authored by our founding fathers then most of those following for that very reason...

E.G.: Constitutional "Commerce Clause" Abuse by Congress and the Supreme Court during and since reconstruction...

"Congress has no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... the unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." - Tench Coxe 1789