Obama Administration Takes Aim At Gun Rights Revolt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama Administration Takes Aim At Gun Rights Revolt

Obama Administration Takes Aim At Gun Rights Revolt

It was just a matter of time before the Feds stepped in and called the new state laws concerning guns manufactured within the state being out of federal jurisdiction illegal.

Obama Administration Takes Aim At Gun-Rights Revolt - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

"because the act conflicts with federal firearms laws and regulations, federal law supersedes the act."
    Well, then, I would assume the reverse is also true...that laws which conflict with Federally recognized Rights such as the 2nd Amendment are ALSO illegal!! You can't have it both ways, Gentlemen!!
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Well, then, I would assume the reverse is also true...that laws which conflict with Federally recognized Rights such as the 2nd Amendment are ALSO illegal!! You can't have it both ways, Gentlemen!!
    That's exactly right, and the Gov't should be called on it each and every time they try to side-step with their own BS.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

From what I got, BATIF is taking there approach to the gund dealers because they are Federally liceinced and therefore have to dance to their tune or be shut down. Maybe the states should come up with there own liceince to combat this.

6. The idea behind the laws in the first place was to create this situation. They are looking (the last time I checked) for a person to get charged, so they can pursue the case through the courts. The states want to fast track this case to the Supreme Court.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

That is what I understand as well Wolfling. This is exactly the response expected and planned for. The fat is in the fire, and we will see court battles yet to come.

I wonder if the BATF goons have heard of the 10th amendment. The powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the People or something like that. I have not read anywhere in our Constitution where it gives the power to the Federal Government to regulate our firearms. Oh wait, there is that one amendment that obviously states that they CANNOT INFRINGE our right to own and carry firearms. Maybe they should read that one too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    That is what I understand as well Wolfling. This is exactly the response expected and planned for. The fat is in the fire, and we will see court battles yet to come.

I wonder if the BATF goons have heard of the 10th amendment. The powers not delegated to the US by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the People or something like that. I have not read anywhere in our Constitution where it gives the power to the Federal Government to regulate our firearms. Oh wait, there is that one amendment that obviously states that they CANNOT INFRINGE our right to own and carry firearms. Maybe they should read that one too.
    I am sure they have heard of it as well as the rest of the Constitution. They just don't care much for it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The thing to watch for here is, even if the states win, the Feds can say "Alright we can't touch weapons made within the state, however, any firearm transported across state line must be done with a federal firearms license." It's unlikely that things will get that far but it is a possibility.

We need the right case to go to SCOTUS on the 10th amendment initiative...

We do not want to trade Federal Infringement for State Infringement...

Nether have the Constitutional Authority to do so...

The have Usurped that power, like Obama Usurped the Presidency...

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...html#post75705

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...html#post76404

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...html#post76817

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...html#post76838

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...html#post76851

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/2nd-a...html#post76932

Those powers not specifically given to the federal government belong to the states, the national CCW died in part due to the rights of the states to regulate their own jurisdiction, and any federal law would have been a blatant attempt to supersede those rights, so now they are saying that the states do not have those rights that they fought to defend so shortly ago....

UG government speak with forked tounge....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast