Don’t know who here uses TWITTER. BUT, if you do, I think you will want to let your TWEET be heard!

Healthcare reform has been a hot issue the past few weeks, and with the current plan reportedly lacking the votes in Congress to pass, the Obama administration is once again turning to its social media presence to try and sway public opinion.

Tweet Your Senator, a new feature of BarackObama.com, is essentially a Twitter and Google Maps mashup that does what the name implies: sends a tweet to your Senator, encouraging them to pass healthcare reform legislation.

To use it, you simply enter your zip code, which will create a pre-populated tweet for you directed at one of your state’s Senators, and then plot your tweet on a map. With only a handful of Senators actually on Twitter (@MarkWarner and @Barbara_Boxer for example), most tweets simply fill in the name of your Senator as opposed to a Twitter handle.

But, the project is clearly hoping to leverage hashtags to create buzz. Each tweet contains the hashtag “#hc09” as well as hashtags for your state and zip code. Tweet Your Senator just launched last night, so it’s too early to say whether or not it’s having much of an impact. (Source)
If you use the Obama Tweet Your Senator webform, it will be important for you to change the “pre-populated” message that the site suggests you send, as that tweet is a pro message for Obama’s healthcare plans.

I did not use the form. I simply tweeted my senators from my twitter page—but, I have tweeted both my Texas and Florida senators—asking them to reject Obama’s healthcare plans! My tweets included below:

To Sen. Kay B. Hutchison: I urge you to reject Mr. Obama's healthcare plans! #hc09 #TX #76015

To Sen. John Cornyn: I urge you to reject Mr. Obama's healthcare plans! #hc09 #TX #79323

To Sen. Mel Martinez: I urge you to reject Mr. Obama's healthcare plans! #hc09 #FL #34209

To Sen. Bill Nelson: I urge you to reject Mr. Obama's healthcare plans! #hc09 #FL #34209
Go here to use the Tweet Your Senator webform.