Gibbs: Birther issue 'nonsense'
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gibbs: Birther issue 'nonsense'

Exclamation Gibbs: Birther issue 'nonsense'

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs once again dismissed conspiracy theories about the president's citizenship ...
    POLITICO 44 | A Living Diary of the Obama Presidency
    ... in his daily briefing Monday, noting that proof of President Obama's birthplace had been posted online and Obama's citizenship had been demonstrated "ad nauseam."

But Gibbs, sounding alternately bemused and exasperated, told White House reporters that conspiracy theories about the president's birthplace would never go away.

"I hate to indulge, in such an august setting as the White House briefing room...the made-up, fictional nonsense whether the president was born in this country," Gibbs said. "If I had some DNA, it wouldn't assuage those who believe he wasn't born here."

Attempting to put the issue to rest, once more, Gibbs assured reporters: "The president was born in Honolulu, in the 50th state of the greatest country on the face of the earth...There are 10,000 more important issues for people in this country to discuss, than whether or not the president is a citizen when it's been proven ad nauseam."

Asked to speculate on why conspiracy theorists continue to fixate on the issue, Gibbs joked: "Because for $15 you can get an Internet address and say whatever you want."
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Exclamation CNN's Lou Dobbs reported that Hawaii officials had destroyed President Obama's origin

Hawaii: Obama birth certificate is real
    Updated 7h 3m ago | Comments 428 | Recommend 16 E-mail | Save | Print |

Enlarge By Chip Somodevilla, Getty Images

CNN's Lou Dobbs reported that Hawaii officials had destroyed President Obama's original 1961 birth certificate without citing a source.

Hawaii: Obama birth certificate is real - USATODAY.com

Yahoo! Buzz Digg Newsvine Reddit FacebookWhat's this?By Dan Nakaso, The Honolulu Advertiser
    In an attempt to quash persistent rumors that President Obama was not born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961, Hawaii's health director reiterated this afternoon that she has personally seen Obama's birth certificate in the Health Department's archives.
    "I, Dr. Chiyome Fukino, director of the Hawaii State Department of Health, have seen the original vital records maintained on file by the Hawai'i State Department of Health verifying Barrack Hussein Obama was born in Hawaii and is a natural-born American citizen. I have nothing further to add to this statement or my original statement issued in October 2008 over eight months ago...."

On Oct. 31, Fukino originally tried to put an end to the belief among so-called "birthers" that Obama was not born in the United States and thus was ineligible to run for the office of president.

Despite Fukino's statement today, the issue continued to resonate from Capitol Hill to the national airwaves to the blogosphere.

CNN's Lou Dobbs reported that Hawaii officials had destroyed Obama's original 1961 birth certificate without citing a source.

FIND MORE STORIES IN: Barack Obama | Linda Lingle | Lou Dobbs | Neil Abercrombie | Michele Bachmann | United States presidential election, 2008
    A congressional resolution introduced by Hawaii Rep. Neil Abercrombie commemorating the 50th anniversary of Island statehood was postponed today apparently because of a "whereas" clause noting Obama's Hawaii birthplace.

The line "Whereas the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama, was born in Hawaii on August 4, 1961;" has been construed by some who believe Obama is not a U.S.-born citizen as a thinly veiled attempt to get Congress to affirm Obama's U.S. Citizenship," Abercrombie spokesman Dave Helfert said.

So-called "birthers" denounce the notion that Obama was born in Kapiolani Maternity & Gynecological Hospital in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961, despite court rulings and statements by Fukino and Hawaii's Republican governor, Linda Lingle.

Abercrombie's office had already issued a statement today announcing the House's unanimous approval of Abercrombie's resolution when Minnesota Republican Congresswoman Michele Bachmann rose today to object to the vote, saying there was not a quorum present.

Before Bachman's objection, Abercrombie spokesman Helfert had said some birthers believe the resolution "means the House of Representatives is on the record that Hawaii is the birthplace of the president of the United States."
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Exclamation breitbart article finally bringing this to light!

FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

More valuable time, energy, initiative, etc. wasted on this silliness that does nothing to promote the cause and does everything to make us all look like a bunch of tin-foil-hat-wearing, conspiracy-theory nut jobs.

I am absolutely certain that there are those in the Obama camp who just LOVE this issue because it tends to make his detractors look silly, and takes focus away from real issues.

Good Lord I wish this foolishness would die already...

Quote Originally Posted by XD-Fender View Post
    More valuable time, energy, initiative, etc. wasted on this silliness that does nothing to promote the cause and does everything to make us all look like a bunch of tin-foil-hat-wearing, conspiracy-theory nut jobs.

I am absolutely certain that there are those in the Obama camp who just LOVE this issue because it tends to make his detractors look silly, and takes focus away from real issues.

Good Lord I wish this foolishness would die already...
    Not exactly the words I would use but +1. We need to concentrate on preventing erosion of the Constitution and the country.

I've just started asking folks what they think about obutthole paying almost $1,000,000 in legal fees to prevent release of his college records, most folks just hem and haw, then you can see something click in their mind. For a college graduate (allegedly) to not even be open about his education speaks volumes about his mindset and the possible truth of the matters at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by benjammin View Post
    I've just started asking folks what they think about obutthole paying almost $1,000,000 in legal fees to prevent release of his college records, most folks just hem and haw, then you can see something click in their mind. For a college graduate (allegedly) to not even be open about his education speaks volumes about his mindset and the possible truth of the matters at hand.
    Good Lord. Yet another red herring, internet myth. C'mon people. There are much more important and real things to spend time on:

snopes.com: Occidental College

Do college records indicate that Obama applied for a scholarship as an Indonesian citizen? - ObamaFactCheck.com

Quote Originally Posted by XD-Fender View Post
    Good Lord. Yet another red herring, internet myth. C'mon people. There are much more important and real things to spend time on:

snopes.com: Occidental College

Do college records indicate that Obama applied for a scholarship as an Indonesian citizen? - ObamaFactCheck.com
    How about taking notice that all debunkers can be traced to the same two sources, which are ultimately one and the same...

1. FactCheck.org (Annenberg Foundation), a six-figure campaign contributor to the Usurpers Presidential campaign and the Brady Bunch...
    2. Obama's campaign web site...

Again...
    Congressional Hearings were held to determine the eligibility of John Sydney McCain III to be President...
    To-date, no such hearings have ever been held to determine the eligibility of Barack Hussein Obama Jr....
    Although, the issues were raised at the same time...

Obama was never vetted...

BORN IN THE USA?
    CNN wrong once again birth record not destroyed
    Hawaii contradicts network boss' claim that Obama certificate no longer exists
    CNN wrong once again ? birth record not destroyed

THE FULL STORY
    Is Obama constitutionally eligible to serve?
    WND's complete archive of news reports on the issue
    Is Obama constitutionally eligible to serve?

We The People Foundation

obamacrimes - Home Page

WTP Obama Citizenship Challenge - National Press Club, DC Dec. 8 2008

give it up people. You are wasting your time worrying with this issue. xd fender is right more things to focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    give it up people. You are wasting your time worrying with this issue. xd fender is right more things to focus on.
    Either the Constitution matters or it does not...

IF WE DO NOTHING, WE CAN ONLY SAY WE DID NOTHING...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast