Senate Judiciary Committee approves Sonia Sotomayor - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Senate Judiciary Committee approves Sonia Sotomayor

Not gonna happen. The fat lady sang when the Democrats got 60 seats in the Senate, giving Obama the ability to put pretty much anyone he wants on the High Court, as long as they're liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewaynelson View Post
    I agree, until the fat lady sings, we still have a responsibility to fight hard against the Sotomayor confirmation! Write, call and email Senators and urge them to reject Sotomayor!

I have written my Texas and Florida Senators no less than five times now regarding this matter. I even contacted Senator Graham via his website today. My email attached below...
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Not gonna happen. The fat lady sang when the Democrats got 60 seats in the Senate, giving Obama the ability to put pretty much anyone he wants on the High Court, as long as they're liberal.
    They do not have 60, they have 58, and its not over till its over...

IF WE DO NOTHING, WE CAN ONLY SAY WE DID NOTHING...

Defeatism is not in my DNA...

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    They do not have 60, they have 58, and its not over till its over...

Defeatism is not in my DNA...
    They have 58, plus Lieberman and Sanders, who caucus with them. So yes, they do have 60, and yes, Sonia Sotomayor WILL be confirmed. I predict that the vote will be 70-30.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

They have 58, plus Lieberman and Sanders, who caucus with them. So yes, they do have 60, and yes, Sonia Sotomayor WILL be confirmed. I predict that the vote will be 70-30.
    The Brady Campaign Endorses Judge Sotomayor For The U.S. Supreme Court...
    The Brady Campaign enthusiastically endorses Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the position of Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court...
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-h..._b_231624.html

Well then DEFEATIST... if you are ready to give up now, without even trying, then put your head between your legs, and just leave the fricking country, if you are not willing to do something to protect it...

I am not a defeatist, and I never said I didn't want to try, but it is out of our hands now. Furthermore, I can't vote for Supreme Court justices, and the only two senators for whom I can vote are those in my own state. Unfortunately, the other 98 are voted onl by people outside my state. What's wrong with me stating the inevitable?

The Brady Campaign Endorses Judge Sotomayor For The U.S. Supreme Court...
    The Brady Campaign enthusiastically endorses Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the position of Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court...
    Paul Helmke: The Brady Campaign Endorses Judge Sotomayor For The U.S. Supreme Court

Well then DEFEATIST... if you are ready to give up now, without even trying, then put your head between your legs, and just leave the fricking country, if you are not willing to do something to protect it...

Benjamin Franklin

I am not a defeatist, and I never said I didn't want to try, but it is out of our hands now. Furthermore, I can't vote for Supreme Court justices, and the only two senators for whom I can vote are those in my own state. Unfortunately, the other 98 are voted onl by people outside my state. What's wrong with me stating the inevitable?
    Because nothing is inevitable...
    And everyone of us can contact any Senator, and remind them that most of their campaign contributions come from out of State issues, values based supporters...

As well as not giving our own Senators a minutes fricking piece, till they uphold the Constitution, and the Second Amendment as they were written and intended by our founding fathers....

Ok, I'll concede that her nomination isn't inevitable. Only if she keels over and dies between now and next week, though. If she lives until then, though, then yes, her nomination IS inevitable. I don't like it any more than you do, but she WILL be on the Supreme Court by this time next week. That's not be being defeatist, that's me being realistic.

Because nothing is inevitable...
    And everyone of us can contact any Senator, and remind them that most of their campaign contributions come from out of State issues, values based supporters...

As well as not giving our own Senators a minutes fricking piece, till they uphold the Constitution, and the Second Amendment as they were written and intended by our founding fathers....

Benjamin Franklin

I still say nothing, including Sotomayor's confirmation is inevitable...

including ridiculous statements that nothing short of her dieing is going to prevent it...

There is quite the revolt going on in Congress right now, and many besides the conservative democrats and republicans are switching sides, faster then the Usurper Obama's approval rating is dropping...

The first time George Washington beat the British, it was after a long string of defeats...

When facing the inevitable defeat, that was a victory; George Washington said to his men...

tattedup is right. She will be confirmed. Unfortunately that is. I actually am not a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    tattedup is right. She will be confirmed. Unfortunately that is. I actually am not a fan.
    Obama... Drink up kiddies...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast